Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Cottage Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Some Foods That Are Helpful To Your Heart.
You already are aware that the body requires a heart that is strong and healthy. Think about this: How can the rest of your body remain healthy if your heart is in unhealthy? You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you have to follow a good and healthy lifestyle and get regular exercise. Are you aware, however, that several specific foods are terrific for making your heart feel better? In this article, you will discover which foods are great for your heart.
Know that blueberries are a fantastic source of heart healthy. Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, especially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene acts much like the resveratrol you will find in grapes. This antioxidant can help your body improve its ability to break down the fat and cholesterol you eat. If your body has the ability to easily break down fat and cholesterol, they won’t amass in your body or cause heart problems. That, in effect, helps your heart be as healthy as possible.
There are tons of foods that you can include in your diet that will be great for your body. It’s true that each of the food brought up in this article can help your body in numerous ways. The foods mentioned are essentially good for the heart, however. Try introducing these heart-healthy foods into your diet daily. Your heart will be much better if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cottage pie recipe. To make cottage pie you need 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Cottage Pie:
- Provide of For the mash.
- Provide 2.5 Kg of Maris Piper potatoes.
- You need 150 ml of double cream.
- Use 300 ml of milk.
- Take 3-4 knobs of butter.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need Pinch of pepper.
- Prepare Pinch of nutmeg.
- You need of For the filling.
- Get 750 g of beef mince.
- Get 50 g of peas.
- Take 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of large knobs of salted butter.
- Take 1 tbsp of paprika.
- You need of Sprinkle of chilli powder.
- Use of For the topping.
- Take 400 g of medium cheddar cheese, grated.
- Provide of To serve.
- Prepare of Savoy cabbage.
- Prepare 600 ml of gravy.
Steps to make Cottage Pie:
- Peel the potatoes and put them in a saucepan with water and a pinch of salt, and boil. This should take about 30-40 minutes..
- While the potatoes are cooking, add the oil and butter to a saucepan on a medium/high heat, and once the oil starts sizzling – add the mince and break it all apart so all the meat in separated. Fry until browned and the liquid fat has been cooked off. Add the peas..
- To check the potatoes are cooked, try and pick one up by stabbing it with a knife. If it falls off the knife with ease, the potatoes are done. Drain and mash, gradually adding milk, butter and cream where necessary. Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg… mash until there are no lumps..
- In a large oven dish, spread the mince filling across the bottom, until level. Repeat with the mash. Top with the cheese and bake in a preheated oven (150°C) until the cheese is golden brown. Serve immediately with gravy and savoy cabbage..
If you find this Cottage Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.