Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Cottage pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cottage pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cottage pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your Heart with Food.
You already are aware of how crucial it is to have a fit and healthy heart. Think about it: if your heart isn’t fit then the rest of your body won’t be healthy either. You already know that working out on a regular basis and adopting a healthy lifestyle both factor to a great extent into the overall health of your heart. Still, did you know that there are some foods that have been found to help you improve the health of your heart? If you want to know which foods you should be eating to improve your heart health, continue reading.
Do you remember when your mother and father would tell you an apple a day keeps the doctor away? Know that apples are high in things that will promote a healthy heart. Appleas contain loads of soluble fiber which functions kind of like a scrub brush on your artery walls so that cholesterol can’t take hold and build up into blockages. Eating just one Red Delicious apple daily can make your LDL levels drop by as much as 8%. This is a great number for someone who wants his or her heart to be healthier.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods you will find that that are terrific for your body. It’s true that each of the food mentioned in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are especially terrific, though, for keeping your heart as healthy as it can be. Try to introduce these heart-healthy foods into your diet every day. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cottage pie recipe. To make cottage pie you only need 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Cottage pie:
- Take 750 g of minced beef.
- Take 2 of thyme springs.
- Use 1 of onion.
- Provide 1 clove of garlic.
- Provide 2 of celery sticks.
- Provide 2 of carrots.
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp of flour.
- Get 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Take 2 tbsp of Worcester sauce.
- Use 1-2 of bay leaves.
- Get 350-450 ml of broth.
- Use 1/2 glass of red wine (optional).
- Prepare 1 handful of frozen peas.
- Provide of Salt, pepper, paprika, chilli, garlic.
- Provide of For the mash.
- Take 900 g of potatoes.
- Provide 4 of carrots.
- Use 1 splash of milk.
- You need 1 handful of cheddar.
- Provide of Butter.
- Get of Salt, pepper, nutmeg.
Instructions to make Cottage pie:
- Brown the mince. Cut all the vegetables in little dices and add to the meat. Fry on a medium heat for 20min. Then add the seasonings and fry a bit longer..
- Add the tomato puree and fry for a minute over a high heat. Then sprinkle in the flour and mix well. If you use the wine pour in now, and let it reduce a bit. Then add the broth, bay leave and thyme and simmer uncovered for 45min. Add the frozen peas when it done..
- Boil the potatoes and carrots and make a nice creamy mash. Add the cheese to the mash as well. Add the mince in an ovenproof dish. Add the mash on top..
- Make a pattern in the mash with a fork. Put it in the oven 220 degrees until golden. Enjoy <3.
If you find this Cottage pie recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.