Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Vickys Christmas Maple Cola Gammon Joint, GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Christmas Maple Cola Gammon Joint, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Are Helpful To Your Heart.
You already know that you need to have a healthy heart. After all, if your heart is in bad shape then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy also. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you need to adopt a good and healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly. Did you already know, however, that there are a number of foods that can help you have a healthy heart? If you want to know which foods to eat to improve your heart health, continue reading.
Know that your heart will be healthy if you consume blueberries. Blueberries are high in antioxidants, in particular pterostilbene. Pterostilbene performs very much like the resveratrol found in grapes. This particular antioxidant assists your body to be a lot better at breaking down your fats and cholesterol. The more effortless it is for your body to process fat and cholesterol, the less probable it is for those things to accumulate in your system and cause heart problems. That, essentially, helps your heart be in great condition.
There are many foods that you can eat that will be great for your body. Without a doubt, the foods discussed in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. They are essentially good, though, for improving your heart health. Try to begin consuming these heart-healthy foods daily. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys christmas maple cola gammon joint, gf df ef sf nf recipe. To cook vickys christmas maple cola gammon joint, gf df ef sf nf you only need 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Christmas Maple Cola Gammon Joint, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Get of boneless, unsmoked gammon (ham) joint (4.4 lbs).
- You need of cheap 'fat' cola (8 cups plus 1/3).
- Prepare of onion, peeled and quartered.
- Get of carrot, thickly sliced.
- Get of cinnamon stick.
- Provide of peppercorns.
- Use of bay leaf.
- Get of For the Glaze.
- Prepare of maple syrup (2/3 cup).
- You need of wholegrain mustard.
- You need of balsamic vinegar.
- Get of ground cloves.
Instructions to make Vickys Christmas Maple Cola Gammon Joint, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Put the gammon in a large pan with the onion, sliced carrot, cinnamon stick, peppercorns and bay leaf. If your gammon is from the supermarket and wrapped in a plastic sleeve to help keep its shape, leave it on. It's heat resistant and won't harm you.
- Pour the cola in and bring to the boil.
- Turn down to low, cover but vent and let gently simmer for 2.5 hours, adding boiling water if the liquid level drops below the top of the gammon joint.
- Preheat the oven to gas 5 / 190C /375F and line a roasting tin with foil.
- Lift the gammon out of the pan and let settle on a plate while you discard the rest of the pan contents. You can take the plastic off at this point.
- Put the gammon into the roasting tin, then trim off some of the fat to leave an even layer. Score in a criss-cross / diamond pattern.
- Mix the glaze ingredients together and pour half over the gammon.
- Roast for 15 minutes then pour the remaining glaze over and roast another 15 minutes.
- Baste and roast a final 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let rest in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Baste the gammon again with the tray juices before carving.
If you find this Vickys Christmas Maple Cola Gammon Joint, GF DF EF SF NF recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.