Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Non-spicy Mapo Tofu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Non-spicy Mapo Tofu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Must Eat.
You already know that the body needs a healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already are aware that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are imperative in terms of the overall health of your heart. Still, did you know that there are several foods that have been proven to help you improve your heart health? Today, you will find out which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Fish is just about the healthiest food out there. You’re probably already aware of this because your doctor has told you to eat some fish two times or threee times a week. This is especially true for those suffering from heart problems or are concerned that their hearts aren’t healthy. Be aware that fish contains a lot of Omega 3’s which are what enables your body to break down unhealthy cholesterol. Try to include fish in at least two of your meals every week.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods out there that that are good for your body. It’s true that each of the food brought up in this article can help your body in a variety of ways. They are essentially great, however, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Try to start consuming these health food every day. Your heart is going to be much better if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to non-spicy mapo tofu recipe. To make non-spicy mapo tofu you only need 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Non-spicy Mapo Tofu:
- Get of No chilly homemade Hong You or any Cooking oil.
- Get 1 of big block of Tofu (I prefer Hard Tofu).
- Get 300 gr of beef mince.
- Take 1 of whole capsicum or a mix of different colour capsicums.
- Provide 1 stalk of Celery.
- Provide 8 of dried shiitake mushrooms.
- Take 10 of white button mushrooms.
- Provide of Spring onions.
- Provide of Black pepper.
- Use of Soy sauce.
- Provide of Oyster sauce.
- Prepare of Sesame oil.
- Provide 1/2 cup of corn starch.
- Prepare of Bean sprouts (Optional).
Steps to make Non-spicy Mapo Tofu:
- Hong you (red oil) is totally my favourite thing. It smells amazing and goes well with BBQ, too. You can find Hong You recipe on the internet. If you don't want spiciness, just don't put chillies in your oil. If you don't have hong you, it's okay, any cooking oil would do but hong you makes your mapo tofu smell amazing..
- Gently clean the dried shiitake mushrooms then dip them in a bowl of hot water until soft. Keep this water..
- Capsicum, celery, mushrooms all chopped. Tofu chopped into 1cm³ blocks..
- Heat oil in a hot wok at high heat..
- If you only don't really like eating celery and capsicum and just want them for the smell, throw them in now..
- Add beef mince and stir until cooked..
- Throw in the mushrooms..
- Add a tablespoon of oyster sauce and soy sauce to taste. Stir well..
- Add 2, 3 more tablespoon off soy sauce so it is slightly saltier than you would like but not too salty..
- Once the shiitake mushrooms are soft enough to bite, add tofu, a bit of shiitake water and shimmer for a few minutes. If you like to eat celery and capsicum a bit raw, add them at this step..
- Use 1/2 cup of shiitake water to dissolve the corn starch..
- Slowly add the corn starch mixture into your wok and stir well until everything gets sticky..
- Turn off the stove..
- Add black pepper to your liking. Sprinkle a few drop of sesame oil. Stir well..
- Serve with rice..
- For people who like a bit of spiciness but not too much, you can add some chilly flakes at the last step..
If you find this Non-spicy Mapo Tofu recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.