Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chinese Congee( Zhou) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chinese Congee( Zhou) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about In This Post We Are Going To Be Looking At The Lots Of Benefits Of Coconut Oil.
In this day and age of men and women are trying to live a healthier life and you’re going to find that the use of coconut oil can help you accomplish this. Unlike other products you are able to purchase currently available this device is going to have a wide variety of health benefits for your body. You need to also be aware that coconut oil isn’t just something you can use inside your body to be healthy but also something you are able to use externally. In this post we’re going to be looking at some of the benefits which are related to the utilization of coconut oil as compared to other oils.
The initial thing you need to comprehend about coconut oil when you take this internally and use it for cooking is that unlike other oils it will not turn into fat inside your body. I ought to point out that your body can in fact take coconut oil and turn it into fuel extremely easily, which means it doesn’t get stored within your body as fat. And mainly because this produces energy you need to be aware that this can in fact be a lot better for you than drinking coffee to provide you with you energy.
Another thing I want to point out is that there’ve actually been studies performed which show that coconut oil might have anti bacterial an antiviral effects on the body. For people that are looking to live a healthier life you may find that getting rid of your traditional cooking oils and replace it with coconut oil can be a fantastic place to begin. There is no doubt that in time companies are going to be advertising coconut oil supplements, but now that you’re aware of the benefits this is something you can begin using today.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chinese congee( zhou) recipe. To cook chinese congee( zhou) you need 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chinese Congee( Zhou):
- Get 1/2 cup of rice(I used short grain).
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Take 1 cup of Chicken Stock( you can use beef if you like).
- Get of Add Ins(Optional, but recommended).
- You need 1 of Meat of your choice ; shredded or cut up into pieces.
- You need 1 of Vegetables: I recommend using either cabbage or mushrooms.( I used cabbage for this recipe).
- Get 1 of Thousand year old eggs( pi dan) (This is what you would find in most congee prepared in takeout/resturant places).
Steps to make Chinese Congee( Zhou):
- I recommend using a Dutch oven . If you don't that is fine too. Place the rice,.water, and stock into a pot. Stir and bring to a boil.(Make sure to not fully cover the pot because because the it can bubble over easily and make a big mess! ).
- While it is being brought to a boil, you can cook and prepare any add ins if you are using any. Set it aside. We will add this later in the cooking process ..
- After the rice and liquid mixture has been brought to a boil, add 1/2 cup of water and them bring it to a boil again. Remember to stir often. Then after the second boil, add 1/2 of a cup of stock. Bring it to a boil again. Keep repeating and alternating between water and stock until you reach your desired consistency. You can add more stock to water. This will result in a creamier and thicker congee. More water will result in more of a runny consistency, and not as much flavor. This congee is different from ones prepared outside because the ones outside are made with all water. In my opinion ,this is much more flavorful because of the stock!.
- After it has reached your desired consistency, add any of the add ins. Season to taste..
- Serve and enjoy!.
If you find this Chinese Congee( Zhou) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.