Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Prawns Har gow recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Prawns Har gow recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about In The Following Paragraphs We’re Going To Be Checking Out The Many Benefits Of Coconut Oil.
Many folks do not realize that coconut oil has many benefits to it and is actually something you should be using on a regular basis. One more thing I would like to point out concerning this product is that there are plenty of different benefits available from it. Something else I would like to point out concerning the use of coconut oil is that it’s not only a thing that can be used internally or externally, it is something that can be used for both. On this page we are going to be looking at some of the benefits that are related to the utilization of coconut oil as compared to other oils.
For individuals who use oil when cooking you should be aware that the consumption of coconut oil doesn’t make you fat unlike other oils that you may possibly be using. The primary reason for this would be that the ingredients which are in coconut oil are easily turned into energy and so the coconut oil is burned off quickly. You need to realize that you can use this oil to develop energy for your body and it is going to also offer you energy, eliminating any sluggish feelings you might have during the day.
Yet another benefit of coconut oil, although this has not yet been entirely proven is that it could have healing affects for instance antiviral and anti bacterial. For those of you that are looking to live a healthier life you will probably find that eliminating your traditional cooking oils and replace it with coconut oil can be a terrific place to begin. There is no doubt that in time companies will be promoting coconut oil supplements, but now that you are aware of the benefits this is something you can start using today.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to prawns har gow recipe. You can cook prawns har gow using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Prawns Har gow:
- Get of Shrimp Filling.
- Get 500 grams of raw prawns.
- Prepare 50 grams of bamboo shoot (rinse thoroughly and squeeze out excess water, finely chopped).
- Take 50 grams of pork fat (optional; mince finely into paste).
- You need 2 teaspoons of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of soysauce.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Take 1 teaspoon of granulated white sugar.
- You need 2-3 teaspoons of sesame oil.
- Get 1-2 tablespoon of Shaoxing wine.
- Provide 1/2 tablespoon of corn starch.
- Take of Dough.
- Use of You can buy ready make har gow wrapper in some big asian grocery shop but here is ingredients for you.
- Take 1 cup of rice flour.
- Prepare 1/4 of corn flour or tapioca starch.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- Get 160 grams of boiling water (240 mL or about 2/3 cups).
Steps to make Prawns Har gow:
- Cut raw prawns in half vertical way and take the black bit off. Bash it and coarsely chop them..
- Coarsely chop some bamboo shoots and transfer both to a medium-sized bowl. Add finder chopped pork fat. Season with oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, white pepper, sesame oil, Shaoxing cooking wine and corn starch..
- To make the dumplings, apply oil to the back side of a knife. Use the backside of that knife to flatten the dough into a circle, with one side slightly thicker than the other. The thicker side will be the base of the filling. The other side will be the delicate pleated folds..
- If you are making dough from scratch; Here is the method how to make Har gow dough. In a bowl of a stand mixer, mix together plain flour, tapioca starch and salt. Then add boiling water a little at a time and knead until the dough comes together. Add oil until you get a soft ball that pulls cleanly away from the sides of the mixing bowl..
- Roll the dough into a thin log and cut out pieces of 10-12 g each. Keep the dough covered at all times to prevent drying..
- Here is the store bought one you can use but if you use store bought one you need some water to bind the both sides dough together. Place filling off-centre on the thicker base..
- Fold the thinner side of the wrapper over and pinch it to make pleats from one end with your fingers then use your thumb and index finger, start making a pleat. As you fold each pleat, press the folded pleat tightly against the back part of wrapper using your other thumb and index finger..
- Traditionally they make 13 (for lucky number) in the Chinese restaurant and I managed to do about 10..
- Oil the base of the bamboo steamer to prevent dumplings from sticking. You can also place each dumpling on a small piece of wax paper. Steam for 6 minutes over high heat. Serve immediately with a soy or chili sauce..
If you find this Prawns Har gow recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.