Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Honey Grilled Pork (Char Siu or Char Siew) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Honey Grilled Pork (Char Siu or Char Siew) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Coconut Oil Is A Great Product And Can In Addition Be Beneficial For Your Health.
In this day and age of individuals are trying to live a healthier life and you are going to find that the use of coconut oil will help you accomplish this. Something else I would like to point out relating to this product is that there are plenty of different benefits available from it. There is another thing that is important to realize about this item and that’s the fact that it can benefit you when you use it both internally as well as externally for your body. Coconut oil is far more advantageous than other oils you are able to purchase and on this page we are going to be telling you why.
I am sure you’ve never given consideration to opening up a bottle of vegetable oil and rubbing it on your skin and hair, but if you do this with coconut oil it can provide you with plenty of benefits. You’re going to discover that this will actually help anyone who may possess some kind of a skin rash as the ingredients in coconut oil offers a healing effect. There are other benefits of using this on your skin such as the fact that it can supply you with a younger look and it is also filled with antioxidants that can be absorbed in the skin.
Another thing I would like to point out is that there’ve actually been research performed which show that coconut oil may have anti bacterial an antiviral effects on the body. If you have other oils in your home I recommend getting rid of them and replacing them with coconut oil due to the many benefits that can be connected with it. There are different vitamin organizations right now contemplating the thought of advertising coconut oil as a supplement, but you are able to start receiving the benefits from this oil today.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to honey grilled pork (char siu or char siew) recipe. To make honey grilled pork (char siu or char siew) you need 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Honey Grilled Pork (Char Siu or Char Siew):
- Provide 0.5 kg of pork armpit.
- Get of Brine.
- Provide 5 ml of salt.
- You need 1 litre of water.
- You need of Marinade.
- Use 1.5 tbsp of honey/maltose.
- Use 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Use 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Take 2 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine/ Shaoxing/ Hua Diao.
- Take 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
Steps to make Honey Grilled Pork (Char Siu or Char Siew):
- Brine: Rinse meat and soak into brine for 2 hours..
- Marinade: Mix ingredients well over boiling water. Easier to dissolve the sugar and stir the maltose. · When marinade is ready, cool it for 5-10 minutes. · Rinse and pat dry the meat. · Marinade meat in a zip lock bag overnight. (You may marinade for 6 hours.).
- Grill: 200 degrees Celsius, grill and fan mode. · Simmer remaining marinade (from zip lock bag) over small heat until it becomes thick. · Brush meat with marinade and grill for 8-10 minutes on each side. Brush every 3-5 minutes..
- Note: Brine is optional. It is to keep the meat moist and tender and remove boar taint. You may soak for 6 hours. · For a more charred surface or taste, try grilling at 170 degrees Celsius, 12-15 minutes each side. (I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS BEFORE) · Honey or maltose is optional. It can give a lacquer look. · Dark soy sauce is optional. It can give a dark colouring look..
If you find this Honey Grilled Pork (Char Siu or Char Siew) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.