Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Sweet and Sour Shrimp recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sweet and Sour Shrimp recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet and Sour Shrimp recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Must Eat.
You already are certain that you need to have a fit and healthy heart. Think about this: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already know that working out on a regular basis and leading a healthy lifestyle both factor to a great extent into the overall health of your heart. Do you know, though, that several specific foods are terrific for making your heart feel better? If you would like to know which foods to eat to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Know that blueberries are terrific for your heart. Blueberries are high in antioxidants, particularly pterostilbene. Pterostilbene works in a similar way as the resveratrol found in grapes. This antioxidant helps your body to be more efficient at breaking down your fats and cholesterol. When your body is efficient at breaking down these things, they won’t accumulate in your body and or cause problems for your heart. That means that it helps keep your heart healthy.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods out there that that are terrific for your body. It’s true that every food discussed in this article can help your body in a variety of ways. They are especially terrific, though, for keeping your heart as healthy as it can be. Start eating these heart-healthy foods daily. Your heart will greatly benefit from it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet and sour shrimp recipe. To cook sweet and sour shrimp you only need 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sweet and Sour Shrimp:
- Get 500 g of medium shrimps.
- Take 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 cup of cornstarch.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Get of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of for the veggies:.
- You need 2 tbsp. of Vegetable oil or corn oil.
- You need 1 of onion, sliced.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Get 1 of medium carrot, sliced.
- You need 1 pc. of red bell pepper, diced.
- Provide 1/2 can of pineapple chunks (reserve syrup for sweet and sour sauce).
- Get of Leeks or Green onions, to garnish.
- Get of for the sauce:.
- Take 3 of tbsps. Cane vinegar.
- Provide 1/2 cup of pineapple syrup from canned pineapple.
- Provide 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Take 1/3 cup of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 2 pcs. of Bay leaves.
- Use 1 cup of water.
- Use 3-4 of tbsps. Sweet chili sauce.
- Use 2 of tbsps. Cornstarch, dissolved in 3 tbsps. Water.
Steps to make Sweet and Sour Shrimp:
- Prepare shrimp: Cut off legs then slice the back halfway through,making sure head and tail are still attached. Season with salt and pepper..
- Heat oil in a wok, Dip shrimp in egg then coat with cornstarch then deep fry shrimp until color turns pink and the coating becomes golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Set aside..
- Heat oil and saute onion and garlic until fragrant. Add the rest of the veggies except for pineapple chunks. Saute until tender,about 1 minute. Add pineapple chunks and mix well. Set aside..
- Make the sweet-sour sauce: In a saucepan, mix all ingredients (except for the cornstach mixture) simmer over medium heat until reduced by half. Let cool. Pour in sauce in a wok and bring to a boil.thicken with the cornstarch and water mixture. Once thicken, toss in the fried shrimp and veggies. Transfer to a platter and garnish with sliced leeks before serving. Serve immediately..
If you find this Sweet and Sour Shrimp recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.