Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Are Helpful To Your Heart.
You already know that you have to have a healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body remain healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already are aware that regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle are imperative in terms of the total health of your heart. Are you aware, though, that there are a number of foods that can help you have a healthy heart? In the following paragraphs, you will learn which foods are great for your heart.
Can you remember being told by your parents “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? Apples are high in things that will help your heart be healthier. They are loaded with soluble fiber which scrubs your artery walls so that cholesterol and fat can’t amass or cause clogging. One Red Delicious apple daily can make your LDL levels fall by as much as 8%! That’s a great number for someone who would like to have a healthier heart.
There are plenty of foods that you can include in your diet that are great for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve discussed here can help your body in a variety of ways. They are essentially terrific, though, for keeping your heart as healthy as it can be. Try to start incorporating these healthy foods in your diet every day. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew recipe. To make chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew you only need 32 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew:
- Prepare of Meat:.
- Get 500-750 g of oxtail.
- Get 300 g of beef brisket.
- Get 1/2 cup of plain flour, coating oxtail.
- Get 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil (or any cooking oil of preference).
- You need of In stockpot:.
- Use 2 of large carrots, sliced into moon shape.
- Use 1 of daikon radish, sliced into half moons.
- Use 40 g of Rock Sugar.
- Use 1 of onion, roughly sliced into chunks.
- Take 1 of spring onion, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 3 slices of ginger,.
- Take 3 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Provide 2 of large tomatoes, sliced.
- Take 2 tablespoon of light soy sauce.
- Get 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of shaoshing wine.
- Prepare 2 litres of water (or chicken stock).
- Take of Coriander stems (from picking the leaves), tied with string.
- You need of Spice mix (wrapped in muslin):.
- Get 5 g of Dried whole chillis.
- Get 5 g of Star anise.
- Take 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Take 2 g of fennel seeds.
- Use 2 g of coriander seeds.
- Use 2 of Bay leaves.
- Use of Cooking eggs:.
- Use 3-4 of eggs.
- Take of Water, for cooking eggs.
- Provide of Garnish:.
- Prepare Handful of coriander leaves.
- You need half of Eggs, sliced in.
Instructions to make Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew:
- Cut the carrots and daikon in large diagonal chunks and transfer onto a plate. For the frying, cut the onions, spring onions, garlic and ginger. Place on a plate..
- Gather and prepare the dry spice mix in the muslin and tie up..
- Tie up the coriander stalks with string and transfer on the same plate as the muslin..
- Clean the oxtail by running under water, or put in boiling hot water in a pan for 1min to remove any residue off the bones. Set aside and dry off with a towel if necessary..
- Meanwhile, cut the brisket into nice thick chunks..
- In a mixing bowl, add flour. Then coat each of the oxtail and brisket all over and set aside..
- Add oil to a casserole pot on a high heat. Place the oxtail and brisket in the pot to sear. At first, don't move the meat around too much, it will come loose when one side is seared enough. Be sure to sear each side of each piece..
- Once meat has seared add the ginger, garlic and spring onions. Cook for a few minutes until the onions are soft and translucent. Stir occasionally to combine all of the ingredients..
- Then add the carrots and stir. Add the rock sugar, soy sauces, shaoshing wine and then add enough water to cover the meat. Add the daigon, muslin spice mix and coriander stalks, then cover and boil with a lid for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes, open the lid and skim off the impurities, then turn down to a low heat and let it simmer for about 4-6 hours. Check the stew every hour and skim off any impurities..
- While the stew simmers, let's prepare the eggs. In a medium sized pot, on medium high heat bring water to a boil, then reduce heat low. Add the eggs carefully to avoid Cracking. Cook eggs for 7 minutes until almost set as they will cook further in the stew later..
- Once the eggs are done, immediately transfer to ice cold water in a mixing bowl (this stops the eggs from cooking further) and let eggs cool down..
- Once eggs have cooled down, with a teaspoon gently crack the eggs (this creates the beautiful marbling effect), and transfer to the stew to soak into the eggs..
- Simmer stew until the oxtail and brisket become very soft and tender. Tip: meat breaks apart easily. Taste the stew and adjust if necessary (add more sugar, soya sauce etc)..
- To serve place steamed rice or cooked noodles in a serving bowl and ladle over stew along with the brisket, oxtail and vegetables. Peel the eggs from the stew, cut in half and place on top and garnish with coriander..
If you find this Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.