Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Glutinous rice balls (sticky rice balls) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Glutinous rice balls (sticky rice balls) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Glutinous rice balls (sticky rice balls) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Coconut Oil Is Actually A Great Product And Can Also Be Beneficial For Your Health.
Many folks do not understand that coconut oil has a large amount of benefits to it and is in fact something you need to be using regularly. Unlike other products you are able to purchase on the market today this product is going to have a wide variety of health benefits for your body. You should also be aware that coconut oil is not just something you can use inside your body to be healthy but also something you can use externally. If you’re wondering what a number of these benefits are you ought to be happy to know that we are going to be explaining to you in this article what a number of these benefits might be.
Another thing a large number of men and women would never do with any traditional types of vegetable oils would be to use this directly on their skin, nevertheless this is recommended when it comes to coconut oil. You’re going to find that this will in fact help anyone who may have some sort of a skin rash as the ingredients in coconut oil provides a healing effect. Needless to say you don’t need to have a skin rash to use this, as this is filled with antioxidants which is healthy for your skin and will additionally make your skin feel incredibly smooth.
Another benefit of coconut oil, although this has not yet been totally proven is that it could have healing affects such as antiviral and anti bacterial. One of the best things you’re going to have the ability to do for your body is to begin using coconut oil rather than the other oils that you may be using at this current time. There is no doubt that in time organizations are going to be promoting coconut oil supplements, nevertheless now that you’re aware of the benefits this is something you can start using today.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to glutinous rice balls (sticky rice balls) recipe. To cook glutinous rice balls (sticky rice balls) you only need 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Glutinous rice balls (sticky rice balls):
- Use of Making the glutinous rice balls:.
- Provide 100 g of glutinous rice flour.
- Provide 10 g of sugar (add more or less depending on preference).
- Prepare 80 g of water at room temperature.
- Get of For cooking the glutinous rice balls:.
- Prepare of Glutinous rice balls, fresh or frozen.
- Take of Water for cooking glutinous rice balls (enough water to cover).
Steps to make Glutinous rice balls (sticky rice balls):
- In a large mixing bowl add the glutinous rice flour and sugar. Stir and then add the water bit by bit (you may not need to use all of the water). Stir with chopsticks or a fork until all of the ingredients have combined. Then use your hands and gently knead the dough until it all comes together to form a ball (if dough does not form, add a bit more water at a time. Continue to knead until it forms a ball). The consistency should be soft like putty or play dough..
- Pinch of a bit of dough at a time and shape into small round balls. I use a weighing scale to measure out my dough. The balls should weigh 6 gram each (make smaller or larger depending on preference). Place the balls onto a small size baking tray and cover with a clean damp tea towel to prevent them drying out. Repeat step 2 until all of the dough has been used and formed into small round balls..
- This dough amount makes roughly 20-25 sticky rice balls depending on the size. If not cooking sticky rice balls straightaway, cover baking tray with cling film and place in freezer until ready to use. Tip: by freezing on a baking tray it prevents sticky rice balls sticking together. Once frozen sticky rice balls can then be transferred and stored into a small freezer bag..
- Cooking the sticky rice balls from frozen or fresh. In a small saucepan bring water to a boil. Place the dough balls in the water and stir occasionally to prevent the dough sticking to the bottom. Once the sticky rice balls float to the surface continue to cook them for another 3 minutes (by cooking them for a little longer it gives a more chewy texture). Alternatively for less chew once dough floats to the surface remove from the water immediately..
- Drain with a sieve, run under cold water a few times and transfer to a large bowl filled with ice cold water and set aside until ready to use. Once ready to use drain all of the water..
- Serve the glutinous rice balls with a ginger and rock sugar syrup, warm coconut milk sago dessert, or use as a topping in desserts for example grass jelly, sago, lychees and tapioca pearls..
If you find this Glutinous rice balls (sticky rice balls) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.