Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mapo tofu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mapo tofu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Are Good For Your Heart.
You already are aware that the body needs a heart that is strong and healthy. Of course, if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy also. You already know that exercising regularly and adopting a healthy lifestyle both factor heavily into the overall health of your heart. However, did you know that there are several foods that have been proven to help you improve your heart health? Go on reading to learn which foods are best for your heart.
Know that your heart will be healthy if you consume blueberries. You should know that blueberries are a rich source of antioxidants, particularly pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. This specific antioxidant assists your body to be more efficient at breaking down your fats and cholesterol. The better it is for your body to break down fat and cholesterol, the less probable it is for those things to clog your system and cause problems for your heart. That means that it helps keep your heart as healthy as it can be.
There are plenty of foods that you can include in your diet that are great for your body. Without a doubt, the foods cited in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are especially good, though, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Begin consuming these foods every day. Your heart will benefit from it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mapo tofu recipe. To make mapo tofu you need 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mapo tofu:
- Prepare of For the mince meat seasoning:.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of fine salt.
- You need 1 of cap of Shaoshing Rice Wine.
- Provide of Thickening mapo tofu sauce:.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of corn starch.
- Take 1-2 tablespoon of water (to create a liquid paste).
- Take of Making the mapo tofu:.
- Get 1 tablespoon of cooking oil (or any cooking oil of preference).
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of Sichuan peppercorns (add more or less depending on spice level preference).
- You need 2 teaspoons of ginger, finely minced or grated.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions, finely sliced (stalk part for cooking, green part for garnish).
- Get 500 g of mince pork (or any other mince meat depending on preference).
- Get 2 of medium garlic cloves, finely minced or grated.
- Take 500-600 g of medium firm tofu or silken tofu, drained and cut into 3/4 inch cubes (add more or less depending on preference).
- Use 1/3 cup of frozen peas (add more or less depending on preference), soaked in warm water.
- Get of For the mapo tofu sauce:.
- You need 2 tablespoons of La/spicy Doubanjiang (chilli broad bean paste).
- You need 1 tablespoons of Non-spicy Doubanjiang (broad bean paste).
- Provide 1-2 tablespoon of crushed Yellow bean sauce (add more or less depending on preference).
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoons of spicy chilli sauce (or spicy crushed garlic sauce if not using fresh garlic).
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of white pepper.
- Provide 1-2 cups of hot water (from kettle).
- Take of Garnish:.
- Take of Spring onions, finely sliced.
Instructions to make Mapo tofu:
- In a bowl transfer the mince meat and season with white pepper, salt and Shaoshing rice wine. Set aside..
- Finely chop the garlic, ginger and spring onions and set aside. In a wok on medium heat, heat up the oil, add the Sichuan peppercorns and cook until fragment. Then add the ginger and the chopped stalks of the spring onions and stir occasionally to prevent burning. Cook for 1-2 minutes..
- Add the mince meat and break it into small grains (to avoid getting clumps) using a wooden spatula. When the meat is almost cooked add the garlic and stir occasionally to avoid the garlic getting burnt..
- When the meat is cooked add both types of doubanjiang stirring to distribute the paste evenly, then add the rest of the sauces. Let it cook for a few minutes so the meat can soak in the flavours of the sauces. Then add the hot water (pre boiled kettle water) and let it simmer. Reduce heat to low for 5 – 7 minutes and cover with lid. Taste the sauce and amend if needed (add more spicy chilli sauce for hotter, white pepper or non spicy doubangjiang etc)..
- Gently place the cubed tofu into the mixture. Tip: gently stir and mix the tofu in to avoid it loosing its shape and breaking apart. Let it cook for 1 minute. Lastly, add the peas and gently stir and incorporate into the mixture..
- In a small bowl add the cornstarch and water. Stir well until the mixture has dissolved into a liquid paste..
- Now add cornstarch mixture to wok. Stir everything gently, place a lid on the wok. Leave to simmer and turn the heat to very low heat for 5 – 10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Tip: if the mixture is still thin add a little more cornstarch liquid to make the sauce thicker..
- Once the sauce is to desired thickness, to finish off garnish the mapo tofu with the finely sliced green part of the spring onions. Then transfer into a large serving bowl. Eat and and serve immediately while hot. Eat it with a bowl of rice and some side dishes like steamed or panfried vegetables..
If you find this Mapo tofu recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.