Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegan Refried Beans recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegan Refried Beans recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Coconut Oil Is A Fantastic Product And Can In Addition Be Advantageous For Your Health.
In this day and age of men and women are trying to live a healthier life and you’re going to see that the use of coconut oil will help you accomplish this. One more thing I would like to mention relating to this product is that there are tons of different benefits available from it. You need to also be aware that coconut oil is not just something you can use inside your body to be healthy but also something you can use externally. If you’re wondering what a number of these benefits are you ought to be pleased to realize that we’re going to be explaining to you in the following paragraphs what a few of these benefits may be.
The very first thing you should comprehend about coconut oil when you take this internally and use it for cooking is that unlike other oils it will not turn into fat in your body. I should point out that your body can actually take coconut oil and turn it into fuel extremely easily, which means it does not get stored within your body as fat. You should understand that you can use this oil to create energy for your body and it’s going to also present you with energy, eliminating any sluggish feelings you may possibly have each day.
There is currently studies being done that are leading folks to the conclusion that coconut oil can even fight off bacterial and viral infections within the body, nevertheless this is not yet been proven. One of the greatest things you will have the ability to do for your body is to start using coconut oil instead of the other oils that you may be using at this current time. There are different vitamin companies right now contemplating the thought of marketing coconut oil as a nutritional supplement, but you are able to start receiving the benefits from this oil today.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegan refried beans recipe. You can have vegan refried beans using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vegan Refried Beans:
- Use 1 cup of pinto beans, washed and soaked overnight.
- Get 1 of large clove of garlic sliced.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Take 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Get 1 of medium sized red/brown onion finely diced.
- Get 1 of Serrano chilli pepper finely diced.
- Get 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Provide of Salt as required.
Instructions to make Vegan Refried Beans:
- Wash the pinto beans and soak with 2 cups of water for at least 8-10 hours. I have used the beans depicted in the picture of the completed dish..
- In a large stockpot, add the soaked pinto beans along with the water it has been soaking in and add an additional 3 cups of water..
- To the beans, add sliced garlic and the dried oregano. The original recipe uses epazote but I didn’t have any on hand so some dried oregano will do just fine..
- Bring these beans up to a boil on high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a medium and let the beans simmer for an hour and a half..
- Alternatively (this is the method I used), if you own a pressure cooker, you may add all of the above ingredients into a pressure cooker and cook for 6 whistles on medium-high heat..
- WARNING: When using a pressure cooker, exercise extreme caution! Open the lid only when all the pressure has settled!.
- Check for the doneness of the beans. Using the back of a spoon, mash a bean against the wall of your vessel. If it turns to mush pretty easily, your beans are done..
- In a saucepan, heat your butter and add the finely diced onions to it. Sauté well until the onions turn a light brown colour..
- Add the sliced Serrano chilli pepper and the smoked paprika. Alternatively, you can use fresh jalapeño pepper and chipotle.
- Next, using a spider spoon or a slotted spoon, remove your beans from the water and add them all to the saucepan. Add enough salt to flavour the beans. Do not discard all that flavourful water! We have a use for it..
- Using a spatula or a flat spoon, gently begin mashing the beans in the saucepan. Add a tablespoon at a time of water (that the beans cooked in) and continue mashing until the water has been absorbed by the dish..
- Now, you can make the dish as watery or thick as you want or as smooth or grainy as you like. This depends on how much water you add and how much you mash..
- Continue adding the flavoured water and mashing the beans until it reached your desired consistency. I personally made them grainy because I love some texture in the beans! I also made it pretty firm so I added lesser water..
- Once you reach your desired consistency, your dish is ready! Remove from heat and let cool before you add it to your tacos 😉.
If you find this Vegan Refried Beans recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.