Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Flame-Roasted Bell Pepper and Seitan Chili Taco Boats (Vegan) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Flame-Roasted Bell Pepper and Seitan Chili Taco Boats (Vegan) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Flame-Roasted Bell Pepper and Seitan Chili Taco Boats (Vegan) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your Heart with The Right Foods.
You already know that you should have a strong and healthy heart. Think about this: How can the rest of your body continue to be healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already understand that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are vital in terms of the general health of your heart. Are you aware, however, that there are a number of foods that can help your heart be healthy? In the following paragraphs, you will find out which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Believe it or not, beans are so effective for your heart health. Sure, the after-effects of consuming beans may not be the best for your nose, but they are so healthy for you. It doesn’t mean, though, that simply consuming beans will undo the harmful effects of eating junk foods or make your heart better by magic. What this means is that substituting in edamame or kidney beans for the chicken on your fresh salad or eating a soy burger in place of the hamburger is what you should do. Fortunately, beans have a very good taste and you never know, you may prefer them to your burgers and chicken.
There are plenty of foods that you can eat that are great for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve discussed here can help your body in lots of different ways. They are especially great, though, for keeping your heart as healthy as it can be. Start consuming these heart-healthy foods each day. Your heart will benefit from it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to flame-roasted bell pepper and seitan chili taco boats (vegan) recipe. You can have flame-roasted bell pepper and seitan chili taco boats (vegan) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Flame-Roasted Bell Pepper and Seitan Chili Taco Boats (Vegan):
- Provide 4 of Taco Boat Shells.
- Get 2 of Bell Peppers.
- Provide 1 Can of Red (Kidney) Beans.
- Use 1 of Large Onion.
- Get 3 Cloves of Garlic.
- Get 100 g of Smoked Seitan (Wheat Gluten).
- Prepare 1 of Lime.
- Provide 150-200 ml of Tomato Sauce.
- You need 30-50 ml of Tomato Paste.
- Get of Soy Sauce.
- Use of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Get of Olive Oil.
- Take of Herbs and Spices.
Instructions to make Flame-Roasted Bell Pepper and Seitan Chili Taco Boats (Vegan):
- Preparation: Pre-heat your oven to 200 C (392 F). Dice the onion and garlic cloves and drizzle them with balsamic vinegar. Slice the seitan into cubes and drizzle with soy sauce. Thoroughly wash the beans and put them in a bowl. Add the tomato sauce and paste to the beans, as well as herbs and spices (I used: salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, chives, oregano, rosemary, turmeric, a dash of ginger powder) and mix it all together..
- Flame-roasted bell peppers: Wash the bell peppers thoroughly and dry them. Turn a burner to the highest setting and carefully place the bell pepper on top of it. After a while, turn the bell pepper over to char the other side as well. If you don't have a gas stove, you can roast the bell peppers in a pan (with no oil)..
- When you're done, let the bell peppers cool. Use a knife to scrape off the charred parts from the bell pepper (don't worry if you don't get all of it off). Slice the bell peppers into medium-thin strips (see photo)..
- The chili: Coat a frying pan with olive oil and heat it up. Add the chopped onion and garlic. After only 2-3 minutes, add the seitan cubes as well. Fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the bean and tomato sauce mix from before to the pan, as well as the bell pepper strips. Turn the heat down to medium and let simmer for 7-10 minutes while occasionally stirring..
- Taco boats: While the chili is cooking, put the taco boat shells in the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until crispy..
- Serving: Fill the taco boat shells with the chili and decorate with chives, fresh parsley/coriander, or grated cheese. Cut the lime into half and serve next to the dish. Enjoy your meal! 🙂.
If you find this Flame-Roasted Bell Pepper and Seitan Chili Taco Boats (Vegan) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.