Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Need To Be Eating.
You already are aware that the body requires a heart that is strong and healthy. Consider this: if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of your body won’t be healthy either. You already understand that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are important in terms of the general health of your heart. Are you aware, however, that a number of specific foods are terrific for making your heart feel better? Keep on reading to find out which foods are best for your heart.
Beans–seriously–are really beneficial for your heart. Sure, the after-effects of consuming beans could not be the best for your nose, but they are so healthy for you. This doesn’t mean that the simple act of eating beans will counteract the effects of other unhealthy foods you might be eating. What is true, though, is that having kidney beans on your Caesar’s salad instead of chicken or consuming soy burgers instead of beef hamburgers is a good course of action to take. Luckily, beans have a very good taste and you never know, you may prefer them to your hamburgers and chicken.
There are plenty of foods you will find that that are terrific for your body. To be sure, the foods cited in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. They are particularly good, however, for improving your heart health. Try to begin eating these heart-healthy foods on a regular basis. Your heart will benefit greatly!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew recipe. You can have chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew using 32 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew:
- Get of Meat:.
- You need 500-750 g of oxtail.
- You need 300 g of beef brisket.
- Provide 1/2 cup of plain flour, coating oxtail.
- Take 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil (or any cooking oil of preference).
- Prepare of In stockpot:.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots, sliced into moon shape.
- Get 1 of daikon radish, sliced into half moons.
- Get 40 g of Rock Sugar.
- Provide 1 of onion, roughly sliced into chunks.
- You need 1 of spring onion, roughly chopped.
- Get 3 slices of ginger,.
- Get 3 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Get 2 of large tomatoes, sliced.
- You need 2 tablespoon of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce.
- Get 3 tablespoons of shaoshing wine.
- Provide 2 litres of water (or chicken stock).
- You need of Coriander stems (from picking the leaves), tied with string.
- Provide of Spice mix (wrapped in muslin):.
- Provide 5 g of Dried whole chillis.
- Get 5 g of Star anise.
- Provide 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Use 2 g of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 2 g of coriander seeds.
- Take 2 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare of Cooking eggs:.
- You need 3-4 of eggs.
- Use of Water, for cooking eggs.
- Prepare of Garnish:.
- Prepare Handful of coriander leaves.
- Get half of Eggs, sliced in.
Steps to make Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew:
- Cut the carrots and daikon in large diagonal chunks and transfer onto a plate. For the frying, cut the onions, spring onions, garlic and ginger. Place on a plate..
- Gather and prepare the dry spice mix in the muslin and tie up..
- Tie up the coriander stalks with string and transfer on the same plate as the muslin..
- Clean the oxtail by running under water, or put in boiling hot water in a pan for 1min to remove any residue off the bones. Set aside and dry off with a towel if necessary..
- Meanwhile, cut the brisket into nice thick chunks..
- In a mixing bowl, add flour. Then coat each of the oxtail and brisket all over and set aside..
- Add oil to a casserole pot on a high heat. Place the oxtail and brisket in the pot to sear. At first, don't move the meat around too much, it will come loose when one side is seared enough. Be sure to sear each side of each piece..
- Once meat has seared add the ginger, garlic and spring onions. Cook for a few minutes until the onions are soft and translucent. Stir occasionally to combine all of the ingredients..
- Then add the carrots and stir. Add the rock sugar, soy sauces, shaoshing wine and then add enough water to cover the meat. Add the daigon, muslin spice mix and coriander stalks, then cover and boil with a lid for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes, open the lid and skim off the impurities, then turn down to a low heat and let it simmer for about 4-6 hours. Check the stew every hour and skim off any impurities..
- While the stew simmers, let's prepare the eggs. In a medium sized pot, on medium high heat bring water to a boil, then reduce heat low. Add the eggs carefully to avoid Cracking. Cook eggs for 7 minutes until almost set as they will cook further in the stew later..
- Once the eggs are done, immediately transfer to ice cold water in a mixing bowl (this stops the eggs from cooking further) and let eggs cool down..
- Once eggs have cooled down, with a teaspoon gently crack the eggs (this creates the beautiful marbling effect), and transfer to the stew to soak into the eggs..
- Simmer stew until the oxtail and brisket become very soft and tender. Tip: meat breaks apart easily. Taste the stew and adjust if necessary (add more sugar, soya sauce etc)..
- To serve place steamed rice or cooked noodles in a serving bowl and ladle over stew along with the brisket, oxtail and vegetables. Peel the eggs from the stew, cut in half and place on top and garnish with coriander..
If you find this Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.