Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Polenta Beef Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Polenta Beef Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your To Be Healthy And Strong with Food.
You already know that the body needs the heart to be healthy. Of course, if your heart is in bad shape then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy also. You already know that getting regular exercise and following a healthy lifestyle both factor to a great extent into the overall health of your heart. Did you know, however, that several specific foods are great for making your heart feel better? Continue reading to find out which foods are best for your heart.
Beans, would you believe it, are actually good for your heart health. It’s true that your nose won’t appreciate them so much, especially the after effects of ingesting beans, but they’re extremely healthy food items. It doesn’t mean, however, that just consuming beans will undo the detrimental effects of consuming unhealthy foods or make your heart better by magic. What this means is that substituting in edamame or kidney beans for the chicken on your fresh salad or consuming a soy burger in place of the hamburger is what you should do. Fortunately, beans are really tasty and who knows…you might not even miss consuming real meat.
There are many foods that you can eat that will be good for your body. No doubt, the foods cited in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. They are especially good, though, for keeping your heart as healthy as it can be. Try introducing these healthy foods into your diet on a regular basis. Your heart is going to be much better if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to polenta beef casserole recipe. To make polenta beef casserole you need 27 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Polenta Beef Casserole:
- Use of For The Polenta.
- Take 750 ml of water.
- You need 500-700 g of Green cabbage, shredded.
- Prepare 120 g of yellow cornmeal.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of For The Mince Beef.
- Provide 1 of drizzle of olive oil.
- Take 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Use 3 of medium carrots, grated.
- Use 1 of celery stalk, diced.
- Get 500 g of mince beef.
- Use 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Use 2 tbsp of mixed dried herbs.
- Provide 1 of oxo cube.
- Take 120 ml of red wine.
- You need 1 can of tinned tomatos.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Get to taste of Ground black pepper.
- Use of Bechamel Sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Get 250 ml of milk.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Ground black pepper.
- Take Pinch of nutmeg.
- Provide of Grated parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top.
Instructions to make Polenta Beef Casserole:
- In a saucepan bring to the boil 500ml of water with a pinch of salt. Add the cabbage and boil on medium for about 20 minutes or until cabbage is really soft..
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil over medium heat-high heat and add the onion, carrots and celery. Sauté until vegetables are soft. Add the beef and season with salt and pepper. Then add the rest of the herbs and spices. Continue to cook until beef is no longer pink. Add in the wine, oxo cube, a splash of water and the tomatoes. Cook for about 45-60 minutes until vegetables and meat are really soft..
- Mix the cornmeal with about 250ml of water to avoid it clumping together. Reduce the heat to low and add the soaked cornmeal to the cabbage pot, whisk well and continue to cook stirring regularly for about 20-25 minutes until cornmeal mixture has thickened..
- To make the bechamel sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and whisk in the flour and cook, stirring continously for about 2 minutes or so until mixture stars to bubble. Add in the milk and continuing to stir until the sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper..
- To assemble, place the polenta into a greased baking tray and spread evenly. Layer with the meat and spread evenly again. Lastly pour over the bechamel sauce and spread over the mince. Sprinkle with the parmasan..
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180c..
If you find this Polenta Beef Casserole recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.