Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Keema Cottage Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Keema Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Keema Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Must Eat.
You already realize that the body requires the heart to be healthy. Obviously, if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy also. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you must lead a good and healthy lifestyle and work out on a regular basis. Do you know, though, that a number of specific foods are good for making your heart be healthier? If you are interested to know which foods you should be eating to improve your heart health, go on reading.
Know that blueberries are terrific for helping your heart be healthy. Fact: Blueberries are high in antioxidants, specially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene acts pretty much like the resveratrol found in grapes. This specific antioxidant helps your body to be a lot better at processing your fats and cholesterol. The more effortless it is for your body to process fat and cholesterol, the less probable it is for those things to clog your arteries and cause heart problems. That, essentially, helps your heart be as healthy as possible.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods out there that that are good for your body. Without a doubt, the foods mentioned in this article can help your body in numerous ways. These foods are particularly good for the heart, though. Start eating these foods each day. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to keema cottage pie recipe. To cook keema cottage pie you only need 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Keema Cottage Pie:
- Get of For the potato topping:.
- Provide 530 g of potatoes, par boiled until fork tender,.
- Prepare 1 knob of butter,.
- Take 1 dash of whole milk,.
- Take 1 tsp of dried coriander leaf, or a handful fresh corriander,.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, crushed,.
- Provide of Salt and white pepper to season.
- Provide of For the keema pie filling:.
- Provide 200 g of beef mince, (I used 12% fat frozen for better texture),.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped,.
- You need 100 g of finely chopped carrot,.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, crushed,.
- Use 2 handfuls of peas,.
- Provide 1 tbsp of malt vinegar,.
- Provide 2 of heaped tsp medium curry powder,.
- Use 1/2 tsp of tumeric,.
- Get 1/4 tsp of ground ginger,.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes, or to taste,.
- You need 1 tsp of dried corriander leaf,.
- Take 1 of beef stock cube,.
- Prepare 1 of level tsp sugar, or sugar replacement,.
- Take of Salt and white pepper to season,.
- You need of Cooking oil or ghee for frying.
- Prepare 1.5 pints of water (this may vary, see recipe).
Instructions to make Keema Cottage Pie:
- Add the cooking oil to a medium saucepan and bring up to heat. Add in the onions and malt vinegar. Gently fry for a few minutes until they begin to soften then add in the diced carrots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the ground ginger, curry powder, corriander leaf, red chilli flakes and tumeric. Stir through and fry off the spices for a few seconds..
- Add the beef mince. Fry for a couple of minutes then crumble in the beef stock and add the sugar. Stir everything together. Once the beef is browned pour in enough water to cover all the ingredients by about 1cm and bring to a simmer. Add a lid to the saucepan..
- Prepare the mash potatoes by adding the milk, crushed garlic, corriander leaf and butter to a large saucepan. Heat until the butter melts and stir through the milk. Add in the par boiled potatoes and using a potato masher mash until no lumps remain. Remove from the heat then blend further using a wooden spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Preheat the oven to 180 (fan). Check on the keema curry. Once thickened and reduced down remove from the heat. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then ladel into an oven proof dish. Spoon over the mashed potatoes. Smooth neatly over and right up to all edges so there's no gaps..
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the top is light and golden and a thin crust had formed. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then eat and enjoy! :).
If you find this Keema Cottage Pie recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.