Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Ultimate Greek beef stifado recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Ultimate Greek beef stifado recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ultimate Greek beef stifado recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your To Be Healthy And Strong with Food.
You already are certain that you have to have a strong and healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body remain healthy if your heart is in unhealthy? You already know that getting regular exercise and sticking to a healthy lifestyle both factor to a great extent into the overall health of your heart. Still, are you aware that there are a number of foods that have been discovered to help you improve your heart health? If you want to know what to eat to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Your heart will be healthy if you consume blueberries. Here’s an interesting fact: Blueberries are high in antioxidants, in particular pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. Pterostilbene helps the body be better at breaking down cholesterol as well as fats. If your body can easily process fat and cholesterol, they will not accumulate in your body or cause your heart to have problems. This, essentially, makes your heart as healthy as it can possibly be.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods that are great for your body. Without a doubt, the foods mentioned in this article can help your body in many ways. These foods are essentially great for the heart, though. Try to begin consuming these heart-healthy foods each day. Your heart will greatly benefit from it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ultimate greek beef stifado recipe. To make ultimate greek beef stifado you need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Ultimate Greek beef stifado:
- You need of MARINADE:.
- Use 2-3 sprigs of rosemary.
- Prepare 2-3 of dry bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbls of dried Greek oregano.
- Use 150 ml of red wine.
- Use 2 tbls of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves peeled and crushed with the back of a knife.
- Provide 4 of whole cloves.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick, broken into large pieces.
- Prepare A few of gratings of nutmeg.
- Get of FOR THE BEEF:.
- Use 1 kg of good quality beef diced.
- Use 6 tbls of extra virgin olive oil.
- Use 1.2 kg of shallots or small onions, peeled.
- You need 400 g of chopped tomatoes.
- Take 2 tbls of tomato purée.
- Use 1 of beef stock cube.
Steps to make Ultimate Greek beef stifado:
- Place all the marinade ingredients together and combine. Add the beef, mix well, cover and refrigerate overnight..
- When you’re ready to cook, set the oven to 180C fan assisted..
- Drain the beef as well as possible, keeping the marinade juices. Strain and set aside..
- Heat 2 tbls of the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the shallots for about 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl and set aside..
- In the same frying pan, add 2 tbls olive oil and sear the beef on all sides and then place in a casserole dish. You will need to brown the meat in batches. Don’t turn it too much whilst searing as this will reduce the temperature of the pan..
- Place the remaining olive oil in the frying pan and pour in the reserved marinade, the chopped tomatoes, the tomato purée and the beef stock. Bring to a boil and then pour onto the beef..
- Cover the casserole with a lid and place in the oven for 1 hour..
- After 1 hour add the shallots to the casserole, mix, cover with a lid and cook for a further hour or until the meat is tender..
If you find this Ultimate Greek beef stifado recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.