Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Mince Beef Hotpot With a Twist recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mince Beef Hotpot With a Twist recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mince Beef Hotpot With a Twist recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Help Your Heart.
You already have some knowledge of how crucial it is to have a heart that is healthy. After all, if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy too. You already know that exercising regularly and adopting a healthy lifestyle both factor greatly into the overall health of your heart. Do you know, however, that there are a number of foods that can help you have a healthy heart? Go on reading to learn which foods are great for your heart.
Be aware that fish is more or less the healthiest food out there. You may already know this because you’ve probably been told to make sure that you consume fish at least two times a week. This is especially true if there are some issues with your heart or if your heart is unhealthy. Be aware that fish is rich in Omega 3’s which are elements that process cholesterol and transform it into healthy energy. Try eating fish during at least two meals per week.
There are a whole lot of foods that you can consume that will be good for your body. No doubt, the foods mentioned in this article can help your body in many ways. These foods are particularly beneficial for the heart, though. Try introducing these heart-healthy foods into your diet daily. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mince beef hotpot with a twist recipe. You can cook mince beef hotpot with a twist using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mince Beef Hotpot With a Twist:
- Prepare 500 g of mince beef.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, finely sliced.
- Take 4 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Get 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of dried basil.
- Take 1 tsp of paprika.
- Use 2 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Get 1 tin (400 g) of chopped tomatoes.
- Get 1 tsp of English mustard.
- Use 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Provide of Beef stock cube, dissolved in 300ml of boiling water.
- Use 2 of medium carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 3-4 of potatoes, peeled and sliced very thinly.
- Provide 2-3 of cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), sliced thinly.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Use to taste of cracked black pepper.
- Take 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Get 2-3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- Use of Grated cheese as needed, optional.
Steps to make Mince Beef Hotpot With a Twist:
- Heat a pan over low heat with olive. Add the onions and garlic and fry gently over low heat for 20-25 minutes. Stirring occasionally..
- Crank up the heat to medium. Add in the meat, breaking up any large chunks using the wooden spoon. Continue to fry the beef until evenly brown..
- Add the tomato puree, paprika, thyme and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Let it cook for a couple or minutes..
- Next add in the tomato tin, and vegetables and cook for 10 minutes. I also added any small chunks of beetroot into the pot that were too small to use to layer the mince..
- Add the stock, Worcestershire sauce and English mustard..
- Turn the heat down and cook down for about 40-45 minutes or until the meat is almost dry..
- Check the seasoning is to taste. Then transfer to an ovenproof dish with lid and using the wooden spoon level the meat..
- Layer the beetroot over the mince..
- Then layer the potatoes. I did 3 layers of sliced potatoes with each layer I seasoned lightly with herbed salt..
- On the last layer I seasoned well with salt and cracked black pepper and then drizzled with olive oil..
- Cover the dish with its lid and transfer to the oven and cook for about an hour. Do check from about 50 minutes onwards as very oven differs with timings..
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove the lid and cook uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are brown and slightly crispy on the top layer..
- If using, sprinkle with grated cheese of choice. Mature chedder and mozzarella work well. Cook until cheese is melted. Serve immediately..
If you find this Mince Beef Hotpot With a Twist recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.