Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Kooky Katsu recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kooky Katsu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kooky Katsu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already know that you must have a strong and healthy heart. After all, if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy also. You already know that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are important in terms of the overall health of your heart. Are you aware, though, that several specific foods are terrific for improving the health of your heart? Keep reading to learn which foods are great for your heart.
Can you remember being told by your parents “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? In reality, apples have many minerals and elements that promote a healthy heart. Apples are rich in soluble fiber which works as a scrubber on your artery walls, keeping the cholesterol from taking hold and causing blockages. Consuming just one Red Delicious apple every day can trigger as much as an eight percent decrease in your LDL cholesterol levels. That’s a terrific number for someone who desires a healthier heart.
There are tons of foods that you can eat that will be beneficial for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve mentioned here can help your body in many ways. They are essentially great for the heart, though. Try to start incorporating these heart-healthy in your diet daily. Your heart will be grateful for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kooky katsu recipe. You can cook kooky katsu using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kooky Katsu:
- Provide 1 of and a quarter cups of basmati rice.
- Use of Curry sauce.
- Take 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Provide 1 of onion.
- Get 1-2 of carrots (depending on size).
- Provide 2 tsp of medium curry powder.
- Take 300 ml of stock made with chicken stock cube.
- Take 1 of (small) tin of mushy peas.
- Provide 2 tbsp of yakisoba sauce (I use Otafuku brand).
- Provide of Chicken.
- Use 2 of chicken breast fillets.
- You need 2 tbsp of cornflour.
- Get 2 tbsp of chilli powder.
- Get of Salt and ground pepper.
- Get 2 of medium eggs.
- Take 2 cups of corn flakes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
Steps to make Kooky Katsu:
- Get the rice on to cook. Rinse it under the tap in a sieve, then place in a saucepan with enough water to reach the first knuckle of your finger when you put it in the pan. Add salt. Bring to the boil..
- Cook rice on low heat for 10 minutes, or until water has disappeared. Take of lid, cover with clean tea towel, put lid back on and remove from the heat..
- Peel and slice the onion and carrot and heat the oil in a deep pan..
- Fry the onion and carrot until softened and lightly browned., then stir in the curry powder and cook off for 1-2 minutes..
- Add the chicken stock and the mushy peas and bring up to the boil. Place on a lower flame to simmer..
- Meanwhile, prepare three dishes… One with the cornflour, chilli powder, salt and pepper; one with the eggs, beaten and one with the corn flakes (which you need to crush in a food bag using a rolling pin to resemble breadcrumbs).
- Next, butterfly each of the chicken fillets and cut in half down the middle to make four pieces..
- Heat the 2 tbsp of oil in a skillet or heavy frying pan..
- Dredge the fillets in first the corn flour, then egg then corn flakes (I wear latex gloves for this bit).
- Fry the coated fillets for 4-5 minutes each side. While the are cooking, use a stick blender to blitz the curry sauce until smooth..
- Stir the Yakisoba sauce in the curry sauce..
- Drain the chicken on kitchen paper and dab off excess oil..
- Uncover the rice and fluff it up with a fork..
- Serve the rice with the chicken on top, covered with a generous amount of curry sauce..
If you find this Kooky Katsu recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.