Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Harissa chicken with couscous and flatbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Harissa chicken with couscous and flatbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Must Eat.
You already know that you have to have a fit and healthy heart. Think about it: if your heart is not healthy then the rest of your body won’t be healthy. You already know that working out on a regular basis and following a healthy lifestyle both factor heavily into the overall health of your heart. Did you know, however, that some specific foods are terrific for making your heart feel better? If you are interested to know what to eat to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Be aware that your heart needs blueberries. You should know that blueberries have lots of antioxidants, especially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. This particular antioxidant helps your body to be better at processing your fats and cholesterol. If your body has the ability to easily process fat and cholesterol, they won’t amass in your body or cause heart problems. This, basically, makes your heart as healthy as possible.
There are lots of foods that are terrific for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve mentioned here can help your body in lots of different ways. They are essentially good, however, for promoting a healthy heart. Begin eating these hearty foods every day. Your heart is going to be so much better if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to harissa chicken with couscous and flatbread recipe. You can cook harissa chicken with couscous and flatbread using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Harissa chicken with couscous and flatbread:
- Use 125 g of couscous (I use ready made in sachet).
- Use 1 1/4 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon.
- Provide 2 of chicken breasts.
- Provide 1 tbsp of harissa.
- Use 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chilli flakes.
- Take 25-30 g of sultanas.
- Use 50 g of mix nuts, toasted and chopped.
- Provide 1 handful of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Use of Flatbread (adapted from Emily’s recipe).
- Provide 1 cup of plain flour (some more for dusting).
- Take 1/4 cup of cold water (may need to add more).
- Provide Pinch of salt.
- Get 1 pinch of cumin powder and cinnamon powder.
Instructions to make Harissa chicken with couscous and flatbread:
- Add hot water in the couscous and leave it to cook. Add butter after a couple min and mix well. Put lid on..
- Marinate your chicken with harissa sauce, chilli flakes, lemon zest and half of lemon juice..
- Add some olive oil. Pan fry your chicken until cooked both side. Once chicken cooked take them out to rest..
- Add onion in the same pan as you fry your chicken and quick stir. Transfer couscous into the pan, add 1 tsp of harissa sauce, some lemon zest, squeeze of lemon juice, sultana and nut and mix well..
- Making flatbread, add plain flour, cumin and cinnamon powder, salt and mix, add some water a little bit at time and use your hand of form it to dough. Roughly knead it until nice and smooth for 3-4 min. Place on a flat surface with dust of flour. Cut into 4 and roll them out nice and thin..
- Pan fry on dry pan for a few minutes or until both side cooked..
- Dish up : add couscous in the pan then add chicken on top. Serve with flatbread and extra lemon juice and harissa sauce if prefer.
If you find this Harissa chicken with couscous and flatbread recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.