Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Chicken Jalfrezi recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Jalfrezi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Jalfrezi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Need To Be Eating.
You already are certain that you should have a fit and healthy heart. Here’s something for you to think about: if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of your body won’t be either. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you should stick to a good and healthy lifestyle and get regular exercise. However, are you aware that there are a number of foods that have been found to help you improve your heart health? If you would like to know what to eat to improve your heart health, keep on reading.
Be aware that blueberries are fantastic for the health of your heart. You’ll be happy to know that blueberries are full of antioxidants, in particular pterostilbene. Pterostilbene works just like the resveratrol you will find in grapes. This particular antioxidant helps the body be better at processing fats and choelsterol. When your body is good at breaking down these things, they aren’t going to accumulate in your system and or cause problems for your heart. That, basically, helps your heart be in tip-top shape.
There are a whole lot of foods that you can eat that will be great for your body. It’s true that every food mentioned in this article can help your body in many ways. They are especially wonderful, though, for promoting a healthy heart. Try introducing these foods into your diet every day. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken jalfrezi recipe. You can have chicken jalfrezi using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Jalfrezi:
- Take of Chicken.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Provide 2 tsp of hot curry powder.
- Get 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of Sauce part 1.
- Prepare 3 of large white onions roughly chopped.
- Get 3 of red chillies roughly chopped.
- Provide 2 of heaped tsp garlic paste or 3-4 fresh garlic cloves.
- Get of Large thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, roughly chopped.
- You need of Oil.
- Provide 600 ml of hot water.
- You need of Sauce part 2.
- Take 3 (400 g) of tins chopped tomatoes.
- You need of Large bunch coriander stalks (save leaves for later).
- You need 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Get 2 tsp of hot curry powder.
- You need 4 tbsp of oil.
- You need of Curry.
- Prepare 3 of white onions sliced.
- Prepare 3 of red or yellow bell peppers, sliced into rings then quartered.
- Take 3 of kafir lime leaves.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- Provide of Large bunch coriander leaves, chopped finely.
Instructions to make Chicken Jalfrezi:
- Dice the chicken and put into a bowl or container. Add the oil and spices and rub into the chicken until fully coated. Put into the fridge..
- For sauce part 1, heat oil in a large pot. Add the onions, chillies, garlic paste and ginger to the pot and fry until the onions start to soften. Then add the water and simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes..
- While sauce part 1 is simmering, move on to sauce part 2. Put the chopped tomatoes into a food processor with the coriander stalks and blitz until completely smooth..
- Then heat oil in a deep pan/small pot. Add the spices and fry for 2 minutes. Be careful not to burn the spices. Then add the blitzed tomatoes to the spices and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes..
- Pour sauce part 1 into the food processor and blitz until smooth. Set aside..
- Now for the curry. In the large pot heat some oil. Add the chicken prepared earlier, the onions and bell peppers. Fry until the onions and peppers have softened..
- Add both parts of the sauce to the pot and stir well. Then add the kafir lime leaves, 1 tsp salt and a generous pinch of black pepper. Stir again..
- Simmer on a low heat with the lid off for 45-60 minutes, depending on how thick you want the sauce. Stir in the coriander leaves just before serving. Serve with basmati rice and naan bread..
If you find this Chicken Jalfrezi recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.