Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Chicken, Bacon & Leek Hot Pot recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken, Bacon & Leek Hot Pot recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken, Bacon & Leek Hot Pot recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your To Be Healthy And Strong with The Right Foods.
You already know that the body requires a heart that is strong and healthy. Of course, if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy also. You already know that daily exercise and a healthy lifestyle are important in terms of the total health of your heart. Did you already know, however, that there are some foods that can help your heart be healthier? If you are interested to know which foods you should be eating to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Beans–believe it or not–are extremely good for your heart. Sure, the after-effects of ingesting beans could not be the best for your nose, but they are extremely healthy for you. It doesn’t mean, though, that merely eating beans will undo the detrimental effects of consuming unhealthy foods or make your heart better by magic. What this means is that substituting in edamame or red beans for the chicken on your salad or eating a veggie burger in place of the hamburger is what you have do. Fortunately, beans are super tasty and who knows…you might not even miss consuming real chicken or beef.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods you will find that that are terrific for your body. Without a doubt, the foods discussed in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. They are essentially good, though, for making your heart healthy as it possibly can. Start eating these foods every day. Your heart is going to be so much better if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken, bacon & leek hot pot recipe. You can have chicken, bacon & leek hot pot using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken, Bacon & Leek Hot Pot:
- Provide 400 g of potatoes, peeled and sliced into very thin circles, (4mm),.
- You need 2 of chicken breasts cut into bite sized chunks,.
- Provide 4 of bacon medallions, chopped into fine lardons,.
- Use 1 of leek, ends trimmed off, sliced into fine rings,.
- Provide 4 sticks of celery finely sliced,.
- Prepare 3 handfuls of baby leaf spinach,.
- Prepare 1 of large shallot, finely sliced,.
- You need 1/2 of chicken stock cube in 200 ml boiling water.
- Take 100 ml of whole milk or milk alternative,.
- Take 1/2 tbsp of cornflour mixed with 1 tbsp cold water,.
- Take 1 of heaped tsp wholegrain mustard,.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dijon mustard,.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic purée,.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of dried rosemary,.
- Get 1 tsp of dried thyme,.
- Take 2 of bay leaves,.
- Get of Salt and pepper to season.
- Get of Cooking oil for frying.
Instructions to make Chicken, Bacon & Leek Hot Pot:
- Heat around 2 tbsp oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add in the leeks, bacon, shallot and celery. Fry on a medium heat for around 2 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper. Add the dried herbs and garlic paste and stir through. Continue to fry, stirring occasionally until the leeks and shallot have softened..
- Preheat the oven to 200 (fan). Add the chopped chicken breast pieces into the saucepan and stir through and brown off all sides. Add in the wholegrain and Dijon mustard. Stir..
- Pour in the chicken stock and add in the bay leaves. Bring to a gentle simmer. Add a lid and simmer on medium low for around 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally so it doesn't catch..
- Par boil the sliced potatoes in boiling water for around 3-4 minutes so they are a tiny bit softer, drain off and then pat dry with kitchen towel to remove the excess moisture. Season with a light drizzle of oil, salt and pepper plus a sprinkling of dried rosemary..
- Pour 100ml of milk into the hot pot filling now that the stock has reduced down by about 80%. Remove from the heat. Add the spinach leaves and allow to wilt down. Add in the cornflour slurry and stir through gently until the sauce thickens up. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes. Season with a little more salt and pepper if needed..
- Take your pie dish and spoon in the chicken mixture. Level out neatly then layer the seasoned potatoes over the top so no gaps are visible. Sprinkle over a little more dried rosemary if desired..
- Bake at the centre of the oven for approx 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are crisp and golden and cooked through. Serve up and enjoy with your chosen sides. I like having some tender stem broccoli. :).
If you find this Chicken, Bacon & Leek Hot Pot recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.