Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your Heart with Food.
You already have some knowledge of how essential it is to have a fit and healthy heart. Consider this: if your heart isn’t fit then the rest of your body won’t be healthy. You already know that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are imperative in terms of the total health of your heart. Are you aware, though, that several specific foods are terrific for making your heart be healthier? Keep reading to discover which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Know that fish is just about the healthiest food you can include in your diet. You’re probably already aware of this since your physician has told you to eat some fish twice or thrice each week. This is especially true for individuals who suffer from heart problems or who are worried that their hearts are not in good shape. Be aware that fish is loaded with Omega 3’s which are what enables your body to break down unhealthy cholesterol. Try to consume fish during at least two meals a week.
There are many foods that you can eat that will be great for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve talked about here can help your body in lots of different ways. They are essentially great for the heart, though. Try to introduce these foods into your diet every day. Your heart will be a lot heartier if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry recipe. To make chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry you need 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry:
- Provide of Curry paste.
- Provide 1 of large onion.
- Take of Thumb size piece of ginger.
- Use 2 of large cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 of de-seeded red chilli.
- You need 1 of tspn ground cumin.
- Get of 1 tspn turmeric.
- Prepare 1 of tspn chilli powder.
- Take 1 of tspn ground coriander.
- Take of Big squeeze of tomato purée.
- Use of Drizzle of oil.
- You need of Curry.
- Get 4 of chicken breasts cut into chunks.
- Prepare 1 tin of coconut milk.
- Provide 200 g of ready cooked brown lentils (I love oddpods).
- Prepare 1/2 tin of (use coconut milk tin) of water.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Use Handful of fresh coriander.
- You need Half of bag of washed spinach leaves.
Steps to make Chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry:
- Saute onions for a couple of minutes in the oil until soft then add the chilli, ginger and garlic. Cook for another couple of minutes and add the spices from the paste section. Only cook them for another minute or so then blitz all of this together. Once blitzed add the tomato purée..
- Meanwhile, start cooking the chicken (cut into chunks) in the same pan and brown for a minute or so. Then re-add the paste over the chicken and cook for a few minutes till simmering. Then, off the heat, add the coconut milk and water, and season well with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer on the lowest heat for an hour or so until the chicken is nice and tender..
- Just when you’re ready to cook the rice, add the fresh coriander, spinach and cooked lentils to the curry and then pop the lid on till the rice is cooked. Serve with lots more fresh coriander and chopped red chilli. I also like to serve this curry with fluffy basmati rice, a salad and popadoms..
If you find this Chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.