Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Keema Cottage Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Keema Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Keema Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Some Foods That Help Your Heart.
You already realize that the body requires the heart to be healthy. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart isn’t healthy? You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you have to lead a good and healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly. But are you aware that there are some foods that have been discovered to help you improve your heart health? If you want to know what to eat to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Believe it or not, beans are really effective for your heart health. Sure, the after-effects of eating beans may not be the best for your nose, but they are extremely healthy for you. This does not mean, however, that simply ingesting beans will make your heart be a lot healthier or counterbalance the effects of unhealthy foods you might be consuming. What this means is that substituting in edamame or pinto beans for the chicken on your salad or eating a soy burger in place of the hamburger is what you have do. Fortunately, beans are super tasty and you never know…you might not even moss eating real chicken or beef.
There are a whole lot of foods that you can eat that will be great for your body. It’s true that everything discussed in this article can help your body in a variety of ways. These foods are particularly beneficial for the heart, however. Introduce these heart-healthy foods into your diet on a regular basis. Your heart will be so much healthier if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to keema cottage pie recipe. To cook keema cottage pie you only need 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Keema Cottage Pie:
- Prepare of For the potato topping:.
- Get 530 g of potatoes, par boiled until fork tender,.
- Take 1 knob of butter,.
- Provide 1 dash of whole milk,.
- Take 1 tsp of dried coriander leaf, or a handful fresh corriander,.
- Provide 1 clove of garlic, crushed,.
- You need of Salt and white pepper to season.
- Use of For the keema pie filling:.
- Take 200 g of beef mince, (I used 12% fat frozen for better texture),.
- Take 1 of onion, chopped,.
- Get 100 g of finely chopped carrot,.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, crushed,.
- Prepare 2 handfuls of peas,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of malt vinegar,.
- Prepare 2 of heaped tsp medium curry powder,.
- You need 1/2 tsp of tumeric,.
- Get 1/4 tsp of ground ginger,.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes, or to taste,.
- Get 1 tsp of dried corriander leaf,.
- Take 1 of beef stock cube,.
- Take 1 of level tsp sugar, or sugar replacement,.
- Prepare of Salt and white pepper to season,.
- Take of Cooking oil or ghee for frying.
- Provide 1.5 pints of water (this may vary, see recipe).
Steps to make Keema Cottage Pie:
- Add the cooking oil to a medium saucepan and bring up to heat. Add in the onions and malt vinegar. Gently fry for a few minutes until they begin to soften then add in the diced carrots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the ground ginger, curry powder, corriander leaf, red chilli flakes and tumeric. Stir through and fry off the spices for a few seconds..
- Add the beef mince. Fry for a couple of minutes then crumble in the beef stock and add the sugar. Stir everything together. Once the beef is browned pour in enough water to cover all the ingredients by about 1cm and bring to a simmer. Add a lid to the saucepan..
- Prepare the mash potatoes by adding the milk, crushed garlic, corriander leaf and butter to a large saucepan. Heat until the butter melts and stir through the milk. Add in the par boiled potatoes and using a potato masher mash until no lumps remain. Remove from the heat then blend further using a wooden spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Preheat the oven to 180 (fan). Check on the keema curry. Once thickened and reduced down remove from the heat. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then ladel into an oven proof dish. Spoon over the mashed potatoes. Smooth neatly over and right up to all edges so there's no gaps..
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the top is light and golden and a thin crust had formed. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then eat and enjoy! :).
If you find this Keema Cottage Pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.