Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your Heart with Food.
You already realize that the body calls for a healthy heart. Here’s something for you to think about: if your heart isn’t fit then the rest of your body won’t be healthy either. You already understand that regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle are important in terms of the general health of your heart. Do you know, though, that there are several foods that can help your heart be healthy? Today, you will discover which foods are great for your heart.
Know that blueberries are fantastic for helping your heart be healthy. Blueberries are high in antioxidants, specially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. This specific antioxidant assists your body to be better at processing your fats and cholesterol. When your body is good at breaking down these things, they aren’t going to amass in your body and or cause problems for your heart. That, essentially, helps your heart be in great condition.
There are lots of foods out there that that are terrific for your body. No doubt, the foods cited in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are particularly good, though, for making your heart healthy as it possibly can. Try to start eating these hearty foods on a regular basis. Your heart is going to be much better if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy, low fat cottage pie recipe. You can cook easy, low fat cottage pie using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie:
- You need 120 g of lean 5% fat beef mince,.
- You need 425 g of mash potato, (ready made, available in most supermarkets),.
- You need Half of an onion, chopped finely,.
- Prepare Half of a large vine tomato, chopped finely,.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried parsley,.
- Use 1/2 tsp of garlic granules,.
- Use 4 tsp of beef gravy granules,.
- Prepare 1 of good dash or two of Worcester sauce,.
- Use 100 ml of water, boiled,.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to season,.
- Prepare 30 g of 50% reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated,.
- Prepare 7 g of unsalted butter, (around 1/2 tbsp),.
- Use of Frylight for frying, I used sunflower oil,.
- Use of Dried parsley to garnish. (Optional).
Instructions to make Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 180 (fan). In a medium saucepan over a medium heat add Frylight to cover the base of the pan. Once warm add the chopped onions and cook whilst stirring occasionally for around 4-5 minutes until they soften and begin to turn translucent..
- Add in the beef mince and break up into small pieces in the saucepan and mix together with the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Add a couple more sprays of Frylight if it's needed so the meat doesn't dry out or stick to the pan. Once the meat is browned add the dry herbs and garlic and combine..
- Boil 100ml of water and set aside. Add in the chopped tomato to the saucepan. Cook for another minute whilst stirring occasionally. Add the beef gravy granules and Worcester sauce then the boiled water, stir everything together. Leave to simmer over a medium to low heat until the sauce reduces by half and thickens..
- Turn off the hob and set the meat mixture aside. Take the ready made mash, (you can of course make your own, but this is for convenience in this instance and it's available to buy in the fresh section of most supermarkets). Microwave the mash for two minutes to soften. Add the butter to the mash plus a little salt and pepper to season and give a mix so it's a nice soft, smooth consistency..
- Spoon the meat mixture into a perspex/oven proof dish, and even out flat with the back of a spoon. Next add the fluffy mash on top, and using a fork neatly take it right up to the sides so it completely covers the meat layer and there's no gaps, this is to prevent leaks. Sprinkle over the grated cheese neatly, right up to the edges..
- Bake the cottage pie on a middle shelf until warmed through for around 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Note: If you want, for the final 5 mins of cooking you can grill it to get the cheese even more golden..
- Remove from the oven and garnish with a little dried parsley. This is lovely served on its own or with some vegetables on the side. Enjoy! :).
If you find this Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.