Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Help Your Heart.
You already are certain that you need to have a healthy heart. Consider this: if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of your body won’t be healthy. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you must lead a good and healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly. However, are you aware that there are some foods that have been proven to help you improve the health of your heart? In this article, you will learn which foods are great for your heart.
Beans–believe it or not–are super great for your heart. Sure, the after-effects of consuming beans may not be the best for your nose, but they are very healthy for you. This doesn’t mean that just consuming beans will weaken the effects of other unhealthy foods you might be ingesting. What this means is that substituting in edamame or pinto beans for the chicken on your fresh salad or consuming a veggie burger in place of the hamburger is what you have do. Thankfully, beans are very good tasting and you never know, you might prefer them to your hamburgers and chicken.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods that are great for your body. The truth is that each of the foods that we’ve mentioned here can help your body in a variety of ways. They are especially good, though, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Begin incorporating these heart-healthy in your diet regularly. Your heart will be much healthier if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cottage pie recipe. You can have cottage pie using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Cottage Pie:
- Provide 1 Tablespoon of Oil.
- Take 500 g of Beef Mince.
- Provide 1 of Large Onion.
- Provide 1 of Garlic Clove.
- Provide 2 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Tomato Purée.
- Prepare 2 of Large Carrots (cut small).
- Use 500 ml of Beef Stock.
- Take 2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Butter.
- Take of Salt and Pepper (to taste).
- Take 1 Tablespoon of Flour.
- You need 8 of Medium Potatoes.
- You need 50 ml of Milk.
Steps to make Cottage Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel, wash and chop the potatoes into 4, add to saucepan with boiling water and a pinch of salt. Boil for 25 minutes on a medium/high heat.
- Heat up pan until hot or as I like to use, my wok as it is great for quick cooking! Add the tablespoon of oil and break up the mince into the pan, cooking until the meat has browned.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots and thyme and fry until softened.
- Add the tablespoon of flour (through a sieve) try not to get any big lumps in there! Stir on a low/medium heat covering the meat and veggies – (this will help thicken the stock when you add it).
- Add tomato purée, salt and pepper to taste and then add the beef stock stirring as you add. Leave to simmer for 25 minutes to let the vegetables soften and the sauce thicken.
- Whilst your filling is simmering away strain your potatoes and mash them adding your butter and a good grind of pepper.
- Pour the mince filling into a baking dish and top with the mash. Fluff the top with a fork and I like to rub a little butter in with the fork so when it goes into the oven it makes it nice and crisp!.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes untill nice and golden brown and hot all the way through. Serve with some broccoli / asparagus 👍🏼.
If you find this Cottage Pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.