Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Family Favourite Cottage Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Family Favourite Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Family Favourite Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Help Your Heart.
You already are certain that you must have a strong and healthy heart. Here’s something for you to think about: if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of you won’t be healthy. You already understand that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are vital in terms of the total health of your heart. Still, did you know that there are several foods that have been discovered to help you improve the health of your heart? Continue reading to find out which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Know that blueberries are good for your heart. Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, especially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene acts much like the resveratrol in grapes. This specific antioxidant may be able to help your body improve its ability to process the fat and cholesterol you consume. When your body is great at breaking down these things, they won’t clog your body and or cause heart problems. That just means that it helps keep your heart healthy.
There are a whole lot of foods that you can include in your diet that will be good for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve mentioned here can help your body in a variety of ways. They are particularly great, though, for promoting a healthy heart. Start consuming these hearty foods on a regular basis. Your heart will be a lot heartier if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to family favourite cottage pie recipe. To cook family favourite cottage pie you only need 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Family Favourite Cottage Pie:
- You need of Beef Filling.
- You need 450 g of minced beef.
- Get 2 of onions, diced.
- Prepare 3 of carrots, diced.
- Get 250 g of butternut squash.
- Use 1 of beef stock cube.
- You need 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Get 1 tbsp of flour.
- Provide of Mashed Potato Topping.
- Take 6 of large potatoes (maris piper).
- You need 2 tsp of English mustard.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Use 1/2 cup of milk.
- Provide 75 g of butter.
- Take 50 g of cheddar cheese.
Instructions to make Family Favourite Cottage Pie:
- Gather the ingredients and get ready to start some peeling!.
- Prep the vegetables by first peeling, then rough cut the potatoes and dice the carrots and onions.
- Boil the potatoes in water for 15 minutes. Once done, strain, then mash them adding the milk, butter, mustard, salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Slice the butternut squash and roast in the oven at 190C for 10 mins while you do the next couple of steps.
- In a pan with some hot oil, brown the beef for a few minutes.
- In another oiled pan, cook down the onions and carrots until the onions start to becomes translucent. Usually about 5 mins..
- Next add the onion and carrot mix to the beef, along with your roasted squash.
- Dissolve the beef stock in 300ml boiling water and pour into the pan. Add the Worcestershire sauce and flour, mix, then cook on medium heat for 10 mins. Once done set aside to cool.
- Put the meat mixture into the bottom of an oven dish, then gently layer on the mashed potato.
- Lastly, add a generous layer of cheddar cheese and cook in the oven at 190C for 30-40 minutes.
If you find this Family Favourite Cottage Pie recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.