Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect The easiest chicken pot pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to The easiest chicken pot pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tracking Your Food: The way to Do It.
When you begin your diet one of several things you will learn right away is that trying to keep a food journal is very helpful. Tracking all of the food you take in can help you figure out which foods you will be eating as well as which foods you are not eating enough of. For example, after you keep a food journal for a few days you could notice that even though you eat lots of fruit, you almost never eat any vegetables. Having it all written down will help uou recognize the parts of your diet that need to change as well as how much exercise you need to get to make sure that you burn enough calories to keep your waistline in check.
Write down exactly what time it is when you eat. This enables you to see what times of day you feel the hungriest, when you find yourself likely to reach for a snack and how to work around those times. After a day or two you may notice that, even though you eat lunch at the same time every single day, you still feel hungry an hour or so later. You should also be able to see whether or not you might be eating due to the fact you’re bored. This is important simply because, once they are recognized, you can find other ways to fill those moments than with unhealthy foods.
Record your spirits when you eat. This will show you if you use food to solve emotional issues. It will even identify the foods you select when you are in certain moods. Many of us will reach for junk foods if we are disappointed, angry or depressed and will be more likely to choose healthier options when we are happy or content. Paying attention to what you reach for while you are upset just might help you stock similar but healthier items in your house for when you need a snack—you could also begin talking to someone to figure out why you cure moods with food (if that is something that you actually do).
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to the easiest chicken pot pie recipe. To cook the easiest chicken pot pie you only need 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook The easiest chicken pot pie:
- Use 1 medium onion, sliced
- You need 2 large carrots, sliced
- Take 1/2 cup peas and sweetcorn
- Use 1 butter, to saute
- Use 1 salt, freshly ground pepper, and thyme top season
- Get 500 grams chopped chicken fillets
- Take 2 medium potatoes, chopped into bite Size chunks
- Take 1 envelope vegetable / chicken and veg or mushroom soup
- Provide 1 roll of puff pastry
- Provide 1 bit of flour to coat the pie pan
Instructions to make The easiest chicken pot pie:
- Saute onions in butter, and a little oil if you like, until soft.
- Add chopped carrots and potatoes and saute for 2 minutes
- Thereafter add chicken and season well with salt, pepper, thyme and any seasoning of your choice
- Add peas and sweetcorn
- Add one cup of water, or enough to just cover the chicken and vegetables
- Once the potatoes are nearly soft, mix an envelope of powdered soup of your choice in about half a cup of water until there's no lumps.
- Add to the pot and stir until the sauce is thick.
- Roll out puff pastry and cut in half. Place one half on the bottom of a casserole or pie dish, which has been sprinkled with flour to prevent Sticking.
- Bake the pastry in a 180°F oven for about 5 minutes or until it starts to puff
- Remove pastry base from oven and add the chicken and veg filling ontop. Place the remaining layer of pastry over the filling, and seal the edges.
- Brush pastry with a little bit of milk or egg and bake in the oven at 180°F until golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
If you find this The easiest chicken pot pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.