Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Use-up Ham, Shallot, Chili & Pepper Frittata recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Use-up Ham, Shallot, Chili & Pepper Frittata recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Are Superfoods Really As Good As They’re Made Out To Be?.
What you devour, is who you happen to be. Quite literally, you are. For example, amino acids absorbed because of eating meat can be used by our bodies in repairing muscular tissues. Ingesting the correct foods is therefore crucial. Folks currently are consuming more ‘superfoods’ as these foods are shown to enhance your health and offer you lots of vital nutrients. So what is considered being a superfood. We can really say that some foods help to increase our vitality and others do not. Putting on body weight is only 1 of the problems with consuming the wrong fare and, as opposed to this, a good food may give you energy as well as keeping you healthy. As you might imagine, superfoods are looked at as the right type of food.
In the end, the body needs the best nutritional foods to carry on. The right form of fat is required, proteins for cell restoration and for energy you’ll need carbohydrates. Of course, to include to all this you cannot go on without water. There are other nutrients, like vitamins and minerals which you need but are harder to get into your diet. For instance, Omega-3, which can be a fatty acid that is essential for your system, as it can keep down the levels of bad cholesterol in the blood. Superfoods are rich in lots of of those nutrients and one such food is salmon because of its protein content together with the fatty acid, Omega-3. Omega-3 also can aid your brain by protecting it from illnesses you always get from aging. Many superfoods have Omega-3 including nuts, seeds and several types of fish.
It now seems to be a great time to begin consuming some superfoods to get the healthy positives of all the minerals, vitamins and other essential nutrients they contain.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to use-up ham, shallot, chili & pepper frittata recipe. You can cook use-up ham, shallot, chili & pepper frittata using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Use-up Ham, Shallot, Chili & Pepper Frittata:
- Use 250 g new potatoes, skins on
- Provide 40 g butter
- Prepare 4 banana shallots, peeled and sliced
- Provide 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- Use 1 red chili with seeds, sliced
- Provide 1 red pepper, deseeded and in thin, short slices
- Prepare 6 eggs
- Take 150 ml milk
- You need Salt
- You need Ground black pepper
- Provide 150 g baked ham, diced
- Get 70 g Comté cheese, grated
Instructions to make Use-up Ham, Shallot, Chili & Pepper Frittata:
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 4 or electric equivalent (Circotherm 160C).
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until almost cooked, allow to cool then thickly slice and set aside.
- Use a little of the butter to lightly grease a baking dish.
- Melt the remaining butter in a frying pan and gently fry the shallots for 4 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking. Add the garlic, chili and pepper and stir gently but thoroughly. Cook for a further 4 minutes or until all is softened but not burnt.
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a mixing bowl, then gently stir in the shallots, garlic, chili and pepper, add the seasoning and finally stir in the ham and cheese.
- Layer the potatoes in the greased baking dish, then pour on the egg mixture ensuring that it is distributed evenly.
- Cook in the pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes and serve piping hot onto warmed plates, either on its own or with accompaniments of your choice. A light salad goes well.
If you find this Use-up Ham, Shallot, Chili & Pepper Frittata recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.