Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Very Best Approach to Track Your Food.
When you go on a diet one of the primary things that you will learn is that it is important to keep track of what you eat during the day. Keeping your foods journal not only helps you see clearly what you are eating, it helps you see what you are not eating. For example, after retaining a food record for a few days, you might see that you are not consuming very many vegetables but that you are consuming lots of sugar and bad carbohydrates. Having it all written down will help uou recognize the parts of your diet that need to change as well as how much exercise you need to get to make sure that you burn enough calories to keep your waistline in check.
But let’s say you’ve been writing every little thing down and still aren’t reducing your weight? There is a good way and a idle method to track the food you eat. A food journal is more than just a simple list of the foods you eat during a day. Other varieties of important information will certainly need to be written down as well. Here are a number of the points you need to do to be more successful at food tracking.
What kind of feelings are you in when you eat? Write it down! This really helps to show you whether or not you decide on food as a reaction to emotional issues. It will also identify the foods you decide on when you are in certain moods. Many of us will reach for junk foods if we are disappointed, angry or depressed and will be more likely to choose healthier options when we are happy or content. When you look closely at how you eat during your different moods and mental states, you will be able to keep similar but healthier alternatives around for when you need those snacks–you might also start talking to someone who can help you figure out why you try to cure your moods with food.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and beans with potatoes and cornbread recipe. You can cook ham and beans with potatoes and cornbread using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread:
- Get smoked Ham (or just use a ham steak)
- Use Fresh Green Beans (as many as you want)
- Provide Red potatoes (not too many)
- Get smoked bacon (reserve the grease)
- Take butter (cut up)
- Prepare medium onion
- You need garlic
- Take chicken bouillon cubes (crushed)
- You need Water (I used 2 bottled waters)
- Take Garlic salt
- Prepare Black pepper
- Use white sugar
- Prepare Cornbread
Instructions to make Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread:
- Go through your beans and cut off the ends and cut them the way you like then soak them in water
- Cut up your ham the way you like your pieces reserving any you don't use including the bone in a Ziploc bag in the freezer
- Set your oven to 400 degrees and place the whole pack of bacon on a baking sheet Cook it anywhere from 15-20 minutes depending on your oven and depending on the cut of the bacon
- When done place bacon to drain and reserve the grease then start making your corn bread and put it in the oven (that is another recipe)
- Wash and scrub your potatoes and leave them whole or cut up if too big
- Cut up onion and garlic and set aside and cut your bacon into tiny pieces for later
- Pour the water out from your beans and add to the pot then add bacon grease and stir to coat them well with the grease
- Then add your water, chicken bouillon cubes, onion, garlic, garlic salt, pepper and sugar to the pot
- Then put in your ham and stir then add potatoes and butter then lock it up and set for 30 minutes on pressure cook
- When done add bacon pieces and stir ENJOY 😋💋💗
- Don't forget to take your corn bread out of the oven !! 😝
- Cooks note* If you don't like your ham cooked anymore than it already is in the package then don't add it until the beans and potatoes are done then set to pressure cook for 3 minutes with the beans and potatoes after all a smoked ham is already cooked
If you find this Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.