Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you're looking for Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Keeping Track of What exactly You Take in: How to Do It Correctly.
When you start a diet one of the most often heard pieces of advice is to keep a food log in which you write down every thing you eat during the day. Keeping your food log not only helps you see clearly what you are having, it helps you see what you are not eating. For example, once you keep a food journal for a few days you might notice that even if you eat lots of fruit, you almost never eat any vegetables. When you write every thing down you can see which parts of your diet must change as well as have a simpler time figuring out what kind and how long of a workout you need to do to shrink your waist line and burn the most calories.
Be as distinct as possible get whenever you write down the things you eat. You should do more than just write down “salad” into your food journal. You must list every one of the ingredients within that salad as well as the type of dressing on it. You should include the quantity of the food you consume. “Cereal” seriously isn’t as beneficial an entry as “one cup Honey Nut Cheerios.” Don’t forget that the more of some thing you take in, the more calories you are going to take in so you need to list out the measurements of what you eat so that you will know just how many calories you take in and will need to burn.
What sort of mood are you in whenever you eat? Write it down! This really helps to demonstrate whether or not you decide on food as a reaction to emotional issues. This may also show you whether or not you gravitate in the direction of specific foods based on your mood. Lots of us will reach naturally for processed food when we feel disappointed or angry and we are more likely to choose healthy options when we feel happy or content. Not only will this enable you to notice when you reach for specific foods based on your mood, it will help you find ways to keep healthier (but similar) alternatives on hand for those same moods and help you figure out whether or not someone professional can help you deal with the issues that are sending you towards certain foods in the first place.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp, sausage, and chicken gumbo recipe. To cook shrimp, sausage, and chicken gumbo you need 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO:
- Prepare 3 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Provide 1 lb smoked sausage
- Use 1 lb med shrimp deveined and peeled (doesnt go in until the end)
- You need 5 tbsp butter or margarine
- Provide 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Get 1 salt and pepper
- Get 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Take 1 large onion, chopped
- Provide 6 clove garlic, minced
- Get 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Get 3 stalks chopped celery
- Use 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- You need 1/4 bunch flat leafed parsley, coarsely chopped
- Get 5 cup hot water
- Take 5 beef bouillon cubes
- Get 1 can stewed tomatoes w/juice
- Prepare 2 cup frozen sliced okra
- You need 3 green onions, white part as well
- Prepare 1 dash of cayenne pepper
Instructions to make Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large (heavy bottomed) pot, over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken until browned on both sides, remove.
- Cook sausage until browned on both sides, remove.
- *Roux- Sprinkle the flour over the oil, add 2 tablespoons of margarine and cook over medium-heat. Stirring constantly, until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Return the pot to low heat and melt the remaining 3 tablespoons margarine. Add onion, garlic, green pepper and celery. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, to taste and the 1/4 bunch parsley.
- Cook while stirring frequently for about 10 minutes.
- Add 5 cups of hot water and beef bouillon cubes. Whisk constantly. *for thicker gumbo, 4 cups of hot water
- Add chicken and sausage, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes (w/juice) and okra. Stir, then cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Just before serving add green onions, and shrimp. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Enjoy!!! With rice or crackers, however you prefer. Or just straight up.
If you find this Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.