Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Filipino beef curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Filipino beef curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Filipino beef curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Very Best Strategy to Track Your Food.
When you first start your diet one of many things you will learn right away is that maintaining a food journal is very helpful. Tracking all of the meals you take in will help you figure out which foods you will be eating as well as which foods you are not eating enough of. For example, after retaining a food journal for a few days, you might see that you are not eating very many vegetables but that you are consuming lots of sugar and bad carbohydrates. When you write everything down you are able to see which parts of your diet must change as well as have a lot easier time figuring out what kind and how long of a workout you need to do to shrink your waist line and burn the most calories.
Be as specific as you can while you write down what you consume. It is just not enough to list “salad” in your food log. Write down all the ingredients in the salad as well as the type of dressing you used. You should also record how much of the foods you are eating. “Cereal” won’t be sufficient although “one cup Fiber One cereal” is acceptable. It is important to keep in mind that the larger your servings, the more calories you will be eating so you need to know just how much of every thing you actually eat so that you can figure out how many calories you will need to work off.
Write down how you feel when you eat. This can help you determine when you use food to help soothe emotional issues. It also assists you to see plainly which foods you have a tendency to choose when you are in certain moods. Many people will reach for junk foods when we are upset, angry or depressed and will be more likely to choose healthier options when we are happy or content. Paying attention to what you reach for while you are upset can help you stock similar but more healthy items in your house for when you need a snack—you could also start talking to someone to figure out why you cure moods with food (if that is something that you actually do).
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to filipino beef curry recipe. You can have filipino beef curry using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Filipino beef curry:
- Get 500 g beef brisket, cut into large cubes
- Provide 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Prepare 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- You need 1 large onion, chopped
- Provide 1 thumb-sized nub ginger, cut into small matchsticks
- Get 2 heap tbsp curry powder
- Provide 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Prepare 1-400 ml can coconut milk
- You need 1 tbsp palm sugar
- Take 2 bay leaves
- Use 2 large waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into 3 cm chunks
Instructions to make Filipino beef curry:
- In a bowl, toss the beef with the yogurt and a large pinch of salt. Cover and let marinate in the fridge from 4 hours to overnight.
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Remove the meat from the marinade and wipe off as much of the yogurt as you can. Sear the meat in the pan until all sides are well-browned.
- Add the garlic, onion, and ginger to the pan. Let fry for 2 minutes, then add the curry powder and paprika. Let fry another 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, palm sugar, bay leaves and potatoes to the pan, along with 2 cups water. Add a good pinch of salt and several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper. Turn the heat down to low and let simmer for 1.5 to 2 hours until the meat is tender. Add water as needed to keep the meat mostly submerged.
- Once the meat is fork tender, turn the heat back up to medium-high and remove the bay leaves. Let simmer until the sauce is reduced and thick. Serve with freshly steamed rice.
If you find this Filipino beef curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.