Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sweet 'n' Sour Cauliflower recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet 'n' Sour Cauliflower recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tracking Your Meals: The Right Way to Do It.
When you start a diet just about the most often heard pieces of advice is to keep a food record in which you write down every thing you eat during the day. Tracking all of the foods you take in may help you figure out which foods you will be eating as well as which foods you are not eating enough of. For example, after you keep a food journal for a few days you might notice that even if you eat lots of fruit, you almost never eat any vegetables. Having it all written down may help you determine the elements of your diet that need to change as well as how much exercise you need to get to make sure that you burn enough calories to keep your waistline in check.
Be as precise as possible when you write down what you eat. You should do more than just write down “salad” into your food journal. You should record every one of the components within that salad as well as the type of dressing on it. You must also include the quantities of the foods you consume. “Cereal” is just not very good, although “one cup Shredded Wheat” will be. It is important to understand that the larger your servings, the more calories you will be eating so you need to know just how much of every thing you actually eat so that you can figure out how many calories you will need to work off.
What kind of mood are you in whenever you eat? Write it down! This can show you if you use food to solve emotional issues. It may also identify the foodstuffs you choose when you are in certain moods. There are lots of people who seek out junk food when they feel angry or depressed and are just as likely to pick out healthy things when they feel happy and content. Not only will this enable you to notice when you reach for specific foods based on your mood, it will help you find ways to keep healthier (but similar) alternatives on hand for those same moods and help you figure out whether or not someone professional can help you deal with the issues that are sending you towards certain foods in the first place.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet 'n' sour cauliflower recipe. To cook sweet 'n' sour cauliflower you only need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sweet 'n' Sour Cauliflower:
- Take 350 g (1 head) fresh cauliflower florets, (not frozen),
- You need 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped into bite sized pieces,
- Get 1/2 an onion, chopped into bite sized pieces,
- Get 2 tbsp vegetable oil,
- You need 2 tbsp cornflour,
- Get 1 pinch garlic granules,
- Provide 1 pinch salt,
- You need Coconut spray oil or alternative
- You need For the sauce:
- Take 2 tbsp ketchup,
- Prepare 2 tbsp white wine vinegar,
- Take 1 tbsp runny honey
- You need 1 tsp dark soft brown sugar,
- Use To garnish:
- Use 1 spring onion, chopped into fine rings
- Get Serving suggestions:
- Provide White rice
Steps to make Sweet 'n' Sour Cauliflower:
- Preheat the oven to 180 (fan) and line a baking tray with foil. Lay a wire rack over it and set aside. In a large bowl add 1tbsp oil and take the cauliflower florets and dredge them lightly in the oil. You could also use an oil spray to do this. Once the oil is gone wipe the bowl clean with some kitchen towel then add in the cornflour.
- Dredge each floret in the cornflour until lightly coated. Place the florets into the wire rack on the lined baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly tender. Whilst they are baking make up the sweet and sour sauce by combining the listed ingredients. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and tap off any loose excess flour.
- Heat a tbsp oil in a wok over a high heat and once warm add in the florets and stir fry in the oil until a light golden brown. Remove and place on kitchen towel to remove excess oil. Discard any dirty oil from the wok (it'll have some flour/debris in it), and spray in a layer of coconut oil or other spray cooking spray you have.
- Toss in the red pepper and onion, stir fry for 2-3 minutes whilst moving around the wok. Add the whites of the spring onion in, reserving the greens for garnish later. Re-add the cauliflower florets and toss everything together. Season with a little garlic granules and salt.
- Pour in the sweet and sour sauce. Keep tossing everything around in the wok until the ingredients are evenly coated in the sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Serve up and garnish with the greens of the spring onion. Enjoy! :)
If you find this Sweet 'n' Sour Cauliflower recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.