Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Ackee and salt fish recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ackee and salt fish recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Keeping Track of What exactly You Eat: How to Do It Correctly.
When you decide to go on a diet one of the very first things that you will learn is that it is important to keep track of what you eat during the day. Keeping your foods record not only helps you see clearly what you are consuming, it helps you see what you are not eating. For example, after retaining a food journal for a few days, you might see that you are not eating very many vegetables but that you are consuming lots of sugar and bad carbohydrates. Writing all of it down will allow you to see precisely which parts of your diet plan really need to change as well as how much exercise you are going to need to do to make sure that you keep your caloric intake in check.
But what if you’ve been writing every little thing down and still aren’t reducing your weight? There is a correct way and a wrong way to observe your food. A food record is a lot more than just a basic list of the foods you eat during a day. Other sorts of important information will need to be written down also. Here are a number of the elements you need to do to be more successful at food tracking.
What kind of spirits are you in whenever you eat? Write it down! This can help you figure out when you use food to help soothe emotional issues. This will also show you whether or not you gravitate for certain foods based on your mood. Many of us will reach for junk foods whenever we are worried, angry or depressed and will be more likely to choose healthier options when we are happy or content. Not only will this let you notice when you reach for specific foods based on your mood, it will help you find ways to keep healthier (but similar) alternatives on hand for those same moods and help you figure out whether or not someone professional can help you deal with the issues that are sending you towards certain foods in the first place.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ackee and salt fish recipe. You can cook ackee and salt fish using 11 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ackee and salt fish:
- Use ingredients
- Provide 1 can ackee drained
- Take 1/2 lb boneless salt cod
- Provide 3 tbsp oil
- Prepare 2 onions, sliced
- Get 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Provide 1/4 scotch bonnet pepper skin finely chopped up
- You need 1 small tomato, chopped
- Take 3/4 tsp tomato paste
- Provide 1/2 sweet pepper chopped
- Get 1/8 tsp black pepper:
Steps to make Ackee and salt fish:
- Soak the salt cod in a pot of water overnight to remove most of the salt. If the cod is still very salty, boil in water for 20 minutes. Drain cod and cut or break into small pieces.Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the onions, thyme and scotch bonnet pepper, tomato, tomato paste and green peppers. Stir for a few minutes. Add the cod. Stir. Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the can of drained ackee. Do not stir because this will cause the ackees to break up. Cook for a few more minutes then sprinkle with black pepper.Best served with fried or cooked dumplings, or fried or cooked plantains, cooked yams and Jamaican sweet potatoes.
If you find this Ackee and salt fish recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.