Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Southwest-style chicken soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southwest-style chicken soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwest-style chicken soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tracking Your Foods: The Right Way to Do It.
When you start a diet probably the most often heard pieces of advice is to keep a food log in which you write down every thing you eat during the day. Tracking all of the food you take in may help you figure out which foods you will be eating as well as which foods you are not eating enough of. One example is that, after following your meals for a few days you may realize that you are consuming far too many sugars and unhealthy fats but not nearly enough organic nutrients. Writing all of it down will allow you to see precisely which parts of your diet really need to change as well as how much exercise you are going to need to do to make sure that you keep your caloric intake in check.
Be as specific as possible when you write down what you consume. You need to do more than just write down “salad” into your food journal. Write down all of the ingredients in the salad and the type of dressing you used. You should also include the amounts of the foods you take in. “Cereal” defintely won’t be adequate although “one cup Fiber One cereal” is fine. Remember the more you consume of something the more calories you eat so it is very important that you list quantities so that you know exactly how much of everything you’re eating and how many calories you need to burn.
Record your feelings when you eat. This makes it possible to determine when you use food to help soothe emotional issues. This may also show you whether or not you gravitate for specific foods based on your mood. There a wide range of people who seek junk food when they feel angry or depressed and are just as likely to choose healthy things when they feel happy and content. Not only will this allow you to notice when you reach for specific foods based on your mood, it will help you find ways to keep healthier (but similar) alternatives on hand for those same moods and help you figure out whether or not someone professional can help you deal with the issues that are sending you towards certain foods in the first place.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to southwest-style chicken soup recipe. To cook southwest-style chicken soup you only need 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Southwest-style chicken soup:
- Use 2 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- Take 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Provide 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- Prepare 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Prepare 1 tbsp chili powder
- Get 2 tsp ground cumin
- Provide 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Provide 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- Use 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- Take 1-28 oz can diced tomatoes, including juice
- Prepare 4 cups chicken broth
- Provide 1-14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Provide 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- Prepare Garnishes
- Get Cilantro, chopped
- You need Jalapeno pepper, chopped
- Get Avocado, sliced
- You need Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Take Lime wedges
- You need Tortillas, crisped
- Use Cheddar cheese, grated
Steps to make Southwest-style chicken soup:
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1/2 cm strips. In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oregano, a good pinch of salt, several grinds of black pepper, and a glug of olive oil.
- Put a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry until no pink remains, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic. Continue frying until the chicken and onion are browned and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the spices. Toss to coat, then fry 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and black beans. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the corn and simmer 1 more minute. Adjust the seasoning as required. Serve hot, with garnishes on the side.
If you find this Southwest-style chicken soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.