Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Tortilla Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tracking Your Food: The proper way to Do It.
When you begin a diet probably the most often heard pieces of advice is to keep a food log in which you write down every thing you eat during the day. Keeping your meal journal not only helps you see clearly what you are eating, it helps you see what you are not eating. One example is that, after tracking your food for a few days you might realize that you are consuming far too many sugars and unhealthy fats but not nearly enough organic nutrients. Writing all of it down will allow you to see specifically which parts of your diet plan really need to change as well as how much exercise you are going to need to do to make sure that you keep your caloric intake in check.
Be as specific as you can get while you record the things you eat. It isn’t sufficient to list “salad” in your food log. Write down all of the ingredients in the salad as well as the type of dressing you used. You must also write down how much of the foods you are eating. “Cereal” just isn’t good, however “one cup Shredded Wheat” can be. It is very important to keep in mind that the larger your servings, the more calories you will be eating so you need to know just how much of every thing you actually eat so that you can figure out how many calories you will need to work off.
Write down your emotions whenever you eat. This could show you whether you use foods to solve emotional issues. This will likely show you whether or not you gravitate for particular foods based on your mood. Many people will reach for junk foods when we are upset, angry or depressed and will be more likely to choose healthier options when we are happy or content. Not only will this allow you to notice when you reach for particular foods based on your mood, it will help you find ways to keep healthier (but similar) options on hand for those same moods and help you figure out whether or not someone professional can help you deal with the issues that are sending you towards certain foods in the first place.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tortilla soup recipe. To cook tortilla soup you only need 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Tortilla Soup:
- You need 120 grams Tortilla (taco) chips (unsalted)
- You need 1 Chicken breast
- Take 1 tbsp Salt
- Provide 1 can Canned diced tomatoes (in tomato juice)
- Take 1 small onion
- Provide 2 tbsp Garlic
- Use 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- Get 12 tbsp Pizza cheese
- Get 1 Avocado
- Use 1 Cilantro
- Take 1 Limes
- Use 1 Salsa
- Use 1 Sliced jalapeno
Instructions to make Tortilla Soup:
- Bring 600 ml and 1 tablespoon of salt to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, add the chicken and boil over medium heat for about 10 minutes, cover with a lid, and continue boiling for 15 minutes.
- Finely chop the garlic and onions. Using a generous amount of oil, sauté the garlic and onions in the pot in which you will make the soup.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato juice to Step 2, then add the boiling liquid from Step 1.
- Add the chili powder and 300 ml of water.
- Chop the boiled chicken from Step 1 into 1 cm pieces.
- Once the soup from Step 4 has begun to boil, simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes. Add the chicken from Step 5 and simmer until well-heated. Add salt or water to taste.
- Slice the avocado in half, then cut each half into 8 wedges. Cut the lime into 4 wedges.
- Once the chicken from Step 5 becomes thoroughly warmed, put 8-10 tortilla chips in each bowl and top with the soup.
- Put 1/4 of the avocado on top of each bowl from Step 7, then top with about 3 tablespoons of cheese each. Garnish as you like with cilantro and lime.
- While the soup is still hot, swirl in the melting cheese, drizzle in the lime and enjoy.
- If you like a spicier taste, add some salsa before serving.
If you find this Tortilla Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.